• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Marlon Samuels

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Disappointing news for Windies fans about Marlon Samuels.
He was beginning to become a key component in the West Indian batting lineup & im not sure Ryan Hinds will be able to replace the same level of skill.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't remember what the exact injury was, but it is the same injury that kept him out of action for 6 months last year.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
oh thats shame
i like Samules, he plays in the right frame of mind always look to score and be aggressive.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Tim said:
Disappointing news for Windies fans about Marlon Samuels.
He was beginning to become a key component in the West Indian batting lineup & im not sure Ryan Hinds will be able to replace the same level of skill.
Hinds will provide more of a spin option but it does weaken the batting, especially with Samuels in form. WI still to make the Super 6 but I can't see them in the Semis.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Hinds is a very talented Left Arm Spinner too, 9 wickets in an innings in a Domestic FC Match, and he's still young. He's never show the ability in International Cricket though, and I'm not sure why.

It's a big blow that Samuels is injured, he, along with Sarwan and Gayle, seemed to turn the corner in the last year and become solid 1st choice players. Samuels also bowled useful off-spin. I would have brought Riccardo Powell in as Hinds hasn't shown enough with the bat in ODIs.

V Reddy

International Debutant
My batting order will be Gayle,Hinds,Sarwan,Lara,Chanderpaul,Hooper,Jacobs,Drakes,Nagamootoo/Collymore,Lawson,Collins

I don't think there is any need to bring in Hinds

Last edited:

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Well, I feel very sorry for Samuels, but it is better not to risk further injuring him coz he will have more world cups to play. He has a recurrence of a knee injury. Also, thats one less worry off the minds of the Westindian selectors as when they had Samuels, Chanderpaul, Gayle, W.Hinds, Hooper,Sarwan, Lara, Jacobs who are eight in total, one of these had to not play in at least a few of the matches because they simply cannot drop Lara, with Samuels effectively out they can chuck the above mentioned 7 in the team.

P.S: Ricardo Powell WAS ALWAYS in the World Cup 15 and i think he has a better chance than Ryan Hinds to get into the playing 11.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Rik said:
He's never show the ability in International Cricket though, and I'm not sure why.
He scored a half century on debut against Pakistan in Sharjah. He hasn't been given much of an opportunity with the ball though, which is a shame because he is very talented.

I figure he needed another full FC season before rejoining the senior team however.

Mr Mxyzptlk

vishnureddy said:
My batting order will be Gayle,Hinds,Sarwan,Lara,Chanderpaul,Hooper,Jacobs,Drakes,Nagamootoo/Collymore,Lawson,Collins

I don't think there is any need to bring in Hinds
1/ Nagamootoo is not in the squad and is crap at international level anyway
2/Where is Dillon???
3/The selectors would either carry Hinds or Ganga and Hinds offers bowling whereas Ganga does not.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
1/ Nagamootoo is not in the squad and is crap at international level anyway
2/Where is Dillon???
3/The selectors would either carry Hinds or Ganga and Hinds offers bowling whereas Ganga does not.
Sorry forgot Dillon :duh: . So dillon replaces collymore.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
I would have brought Riccardo Powell in as Hinds hasn't shown enough with the bat in ODIs.
Owing to the fact Human cloning doesn't work just yet, I guess they'll have to settle for just one Powell in the squad.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Owing to the fact Human cloning doesn't work just yet, I guess they'll have to settle for just one Powell in the squad.
There are many Powells in the West Indies :)

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Rik : I think Marc was pointing out at the absence of Darren Powell - also from Jamaica- from the squad....he is a quick aggresive and quite successful fast bowlerat first-class level...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
No, I was taking the micky out of Rik for trying to pick R Powell in the squad twice!
I didn't realise he was in the squad. Also I was wondering is Darren Powell was in the squad too.