• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mark Boucher 396 and counting....

Matt79

Global Moderator
Yeah, great effort. He's certainly a quiet achiever in terms of what he has done, his longevity and ability, compared to his profile and recognition.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Congratulations to Boucher, not often he gets the recognition he deserves. Fantastic keeper and solid batsman.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Mentioned it in the 'official' thread.

He's only 30 too. Who knows how many he'll end up with - 500?

Also, in another thread, someone said that AB will slowly transit into the SA keeper, well, it will be a while yet - 4 years or so, Boucher will easily be at the 2011 WC.

On a side note, is AB a natural keeper or is he a Dravid/Solanki/Maher type?

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Add my congratulations to the man - he's had a superb if often under-appreciated career. A more than worthy successor to the proud tradition of Cameron, Waite and Lindsay.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On a side note, is AB a natural keeper or is he a Dravid/Solanki/Maher type?
Natural keeper I think, just happens to be a better option for a pure batting slot than a few of the other batsman in South Africa. Well, in the selectors eyes.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Natural keeper I think, just happens to be a better option for a pure batting slot than a few of the other batsman in South Africa. Well, in the selectors eyes.
Yeah, SA are currently the anti-England with a stock pile of good keepers that are also good batsmen

Matt79

Global Moderator
Jeez Goughy, England's got tremendous depth in keepers - listen to the names they've been able to rotate through:
Jones, Reed, Jones, Reed, Nixon, Prior, Mustard...

Not many countries have so many of the same type of player who can so easily reproduce each others performance! ;)

pup11

International Coach
Great achievement by Boucher, i think he has had a great career for South Africa and he has been a solid performer for them.
Congratulations Mark!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, SA are currently the anti-England with a stock pile of good keepers that are also good batsmen
Yeah, it's astonishing, and really begs the question of how Thami Tsolekile got anywhere near the side, quotas or no quotas.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats to Mark and his humility regarding the achievement was fitting of the man...

"I have played a lot of Tests in my career so it [the record] was coming in a way. I've never been a person for stats, but if you play enough matches there will be plenty of records to break.

It is a great feeling for me especially to be breaking someone like Healy's record. I used to watch him on TV as a kid and I'm a little sad in a way to be going past Healy
."

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/pakvrsa/content/current/story/313498.html

R_D

International Debutant
England should consider importing few of them like Big Kev :laugh:

Congrats to Boucher..good on the guy, is he only 30. I thought he was much older than, its just that he seems to have been around for so long.

readie

State Regular
Gilly's on 381 i reckon hes a chance of passing boucher depending on when AB gets his run

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Forgot earlier to offer my congrats. Boucher has never been close to my favourite player but he has had great success in a professional and understated way that must be admired.

Well played :)

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Well done, Boucher. He's always been a favorite of mine.

That tight little bum......................:ph34r:

R_D

International Debutant
Isn't Gilchrist almost certain to retire before Boucher though?
Yeah exactly.
Didn't realise Boucher was ahead of Gilchrist until the record now.... i thought Gilchrist was just behind Healy in terms of being envolved in dissmisal of batsman.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Congrats to Mark and his humility regarding the achievement was fitting of the man...

"I have played a lot of Tests in my career so it [the record] was coming in a way. I've never been a person for stats, but if you play enough matches there will be plenty of records to break.

It is a great feeling for me especially to be breaking someone like Healy's record. I used to watch him on TV as a kid and I'm a little sad in a way to be going past Healy
."

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/pakvrsa/content/current/story/313498.html
Agreed, really impressive comments. Congrats to him.