Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 147

Thread: Alphabet Teams

  1. #106
    Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Medway valley
    Posts
    5,762
    Ramadhin I have down as something of a one-series wonder - might be a little unfair though. But Tom Richardson, yeah. Way better than Bruce Reid.

  2. #107
    International 12th Man neville cardus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,677
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpski View Post
    Ramadhin I have down as something of a one-series wonder - might be a little unfair though.
    What, you mean like his action?

    Quote Originally Posted by stumpski View Post
    But Tom Richardson, yeah.
    A magnificent bowler with loads of heart.

    Quote Originally Posted by stumpski View Post
    Way better than Bruce Reid.
    Absolutely.
    Cheers,
    Rodney Ulyate

  3. #108
    International Debutant harsh.ag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,184
    At Least 1 From Every Test Team ATXI

    Hobbs (Eng)
    Richards (SA)
    Bradman (Aus)
    Tendulkar (Ind)
    Sobers (WI)
    Flower (Zim)
    Mashud + (Bang)
    Hadlee (NZ)
    Wasim (Pak)
    Marshall (WI)
    Murali (SL)

    Any one got a better one?

    P. S. Let's not make this about Wasim vs Imran, if possible
    Last edited by harsh.ag; 02-10-2012 at 02:47 AM.

  4. #109
    International Captain ankitj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hyderabad India
    Posts
    5,964
    Haha that's the obvious improvement. Replace Wasim with Imran.

    Also, Flower can keep and we can bring in Shakib.
    Last edited by ankitj; 02-10-2012 at 03:15 AM.


  5. #110
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,503
    Quote Originally Posted by harsh.skm View Post
    At Least 1 From Every Test Team ATXI

    Hobbs (Eng)
    Richards (SA)
    Bradman (Aus)
    Tendulkar (Ind)
    Sobers (WI)
    Flower (Zim)
    Mashud + (Bang)
    Hadlee (NZ)
    Wasim (Pak)
    Marshall (WI)
    Murali (SL)

    Any one got a better one?

    P. S. Let's not make this about Wasim vs Imran, if possible
    1. Hobbs (England)
    2. Richards (South Africa)
    3. Bradman (Australia)
    4. Tendulkar (India)
    5. Sobers (West Indies)
    6. Flower (Zimbabwe) +
    7. Imran (Pakistan) *
    8. Shakib (Bangladesh)
    9. Hadlee (New Zealand)
    10. King (Other)
    11. Muralitharan (Sri Lanka)

    So, very similar. Mashud should be nowhere near the side though really.
    ~ Cribbage ~

    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

  6. #111
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,503
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ankitj View Post
    Haha that's the obvious improvement. Replace Wasim with Imran.

    Also, Flower can keep and we can bring in Shakib.
    Or just this post.

  7. #112
    International Debutant harsh.ag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,184
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ankitj View Post
    Haha that's the obvious improvement. Replace Wasim with Imran.

    Also, Flower can keep and we can bring in Shakib.
    Fair point about Shakib. So, it's:

    Hobbs | Richards | Bradman | Tendulkar | Sobers | Flower +| Shakib | Hadlee | Wasim | Marshall | Murali

  8. #113
    Hall of Fame Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Top floor, bottom buzzer
    Posts
    16,307
    Really, Shakib has no business bowling in that attack so you may as well play someone who can field.

    N.B. I have no idea how good a keeper Mashud is

  9. #114
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Really, Shakib has no business bowling in that attack so you may as well play someone who can field.

    N.B. I have no idea how good a keeper Mashud is
    Well I think he's a better spinner than Sobers was, which would leave him as the second spinner. He'd get through a fair number of overs on some surfaces, and he's one of Bangladesh's best ever three batsmen anyway.

  10. #115
    Hall of Fame Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Top floor, bottom buzzer
    Posts
    16,307
    An XI where the last letter of one name is the same as the first letter of the next:

    Hobbs
    Sutcliffe
    Edrich
    Hammond*
    Dravid
    Dexter
    Russell+
    Lindwall
    Lillee
    Edmonds
    Shoaib

    I'm sure that can be beaten but it's harder than I thought it'd be.

  11. #116
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    An XI where the last letter of one name is the same as the first letter of the next:

    Hobbs
    Sutcliffe
    Edrich
    Hammond*
    Dravid
    Dexter
    Russell+
    Lindwall
    Lillee
    Edmonds
    Shoaib

    I'm sure that can be beaten but it's harder than I thought it'd be.
    Allan Lamb is probably worth the trade off.

  12. #117
    Hall of Fame Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Top floor, bottom buzzer
    Posts
    16,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Allan Lamb is probably worth the trade off.
    Well he's in the same ballpark as Edrich so that's fair, but in that case who opens?

  13. #118
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Well he's in the same ballpark as Edrich so that's fair, but in that case who opens?
    Mitchell springs to mind immediately but the best batsman I can think of whose last name ends with M is Botham, and well..

    We could just make Lamb himself open and roll with:

    1. Mitchell
    2. Lamb
    3. Bradman

    Looks pretty contrived but it'd probably be worth it. Nourse could bat four but then we'd still end up with Edrich.

  14. #119
    Hall of Fame Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Top floor, bottom buzzer
    Posts
    16,307
    Could go Bradman-Nourse-Engineer if we can persuade the Don to bat #5 (and come up with new openers)

  15. #120
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Well he's in the same ballpark as Edrich so that's fair, but in that case who opens?
    Mitchell
    Lamb
    Bradman
    Nourse
    Edrich
    Hammond
    Dhoni +
    Imran *
    Ntini
    Illingworth
    Hadlee

    That's my attempt. Looks pretty weird though.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Your country's all time ODI and test teams?
    By Flem274* in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 138
    Last Post: 10-05-2007, 06:44 AM
  2. Your sports clubs and teams.
    By andmark in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 10:30 AM
  3. Rank The Teams In Terms Of Batting
    By Turbinator in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-11-2006, 06:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •