• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Funny Commentary Quotes

Lach

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hi there everyone, if you have any funny quotes or any famous quoted made by the many cricket commentators we have around the world, would you be able to post them here along with the commentator's name? this is in a bid to start a commentator's section to the site. This is your site, so only you can make it happen

yours in cricket

Lach.

[Edited on 10/26/01 by Lach]

Lach

School Boy/Girl Captain
If you know who said the above quote, could you please let us know?

cheers

lach.

Sam

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
No sorry I don't lach but I am endevouring to find out at the moment and will post when I no. ;)

Michael

Cricket Spectator
More controversial than funny, anyone remember when there was a mercantile mutual cup match going on and the showed pictures of a wedding nearby where there was a man and an asian lady and Tony Greig thought his mic was turned off and said "she's obviously flown out for the wedding" I think he got fined or suspended for that lol!

Rich

Cricket Spectator
Richard Hadlee and Richie Benaud were commentating together. Michael Atherton was hit in the box and Hadlee said 'That ball bounced'. Benaud replied with 'Which One?'

Rich

[Edited on 10/27/01 by Rich]

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The Botham "leg over" incident or another Johnner's classic.

Horton has a funny stance, it looks liking he's ****ting on a sooting stick.

Andre

International Regular
Ian Chappell mentioned Stephen Fleming's "Lack of Wrist ****" 4 times in 1 over...well i think thats hilarious

yaju

State Vice-Captain
Navjot Singh Sidhu has some very funny ones. I don't remember most of them but here is one.

"An apple pie without cheese is like a kiss without squeeze!"

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
Navjot Singh Sidhu is just annoying!!
in one of the games this year, he sed "this is a slugest pitch," about once every over for the whole day!!! and he always says, "he hit it as crisp as a tooty fruity,"!!!

Rich

Cricket Spectator
And when India were chasing a total set by New Zealand, he said to Martin Crowe 'You'd better reach for your hanky, you'll be crying very shortly...' and 'They are going to make mince meat of the Kiwis...'

New Zealand won that match :)

Sriram k

Total Cricket Moderator
I think sometimes Sidhu supports India too much !! and yes , his words are rather monotonous....

Rich

Cricket Spectator
I heard a similar one from Richie Benaud in the last test...he said 'There are a lot of hookers around the world.'

sean

School Boy/Girl Captain
LOL!

Richie Benaud is getting too old for it....I reckon their preening up Tubby Taylor for his job!

He will wear the white! :D