• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***!vaughan!***

Cloete

International Captain
all i can say is damn he's good!!! he's gonna absolutely destroy teams at the world cup!!! if he had had a shot against Sri Lanka i'm sure he would have ATLEAST had another 50. in the 3 matches he played he got like 20, 22 and 60. never once failed. Although I think those first 2 innings r VERY BAD for caughan's standars. when he gets a start he normally goes on. england were stupid to put irani in ahead of him. he'll be a real gem for england at the WC he can bat well at 3 can open if knight or tresco hits a form slump and he's a very good bowler. very under-rated as a bowler!! also his fielding has improved a hell of a lot since he's been in oz. vaughan is a class act. and england's best batsman.

P.S tis is coming from an Aussie.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeh hold your horses though! he is a class player but the real test will be if he can keep up this form next year and right through his career. I wish him luck though, him and trescothick are class....

Eclipse

International Debutant
Yeah he is class all right.

I think he needs a little polish on his one day game but not to much his hitting seems a little to legside oriantated and he seems to tellagraph when he is going to hit a big shot before the ball leaves the hand.

Other than that he is ready start making a name for himself in ODI cricket.

Langer's_Babe

Cricket Spectator
michael vaughan is one of the best

michael vaughan is one hell of a batsman hes a great player somtimes he wins it for england

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Re: oh im so sorry naughty me

Langer's_Babe said:
i have just come here and already you are having a go at me this suxs
We are just joking ;) Come on Liam, play nicely :lol:

Bomber Spirit

Cricket Spectator
During the last Ashes series, Vaughan was sensational. While team-mates were crashing down around him he scored some great centuries; and deserved his player of the series award.
After this summer, most Australians would probably rate Vaughan a better player than Trescothick.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i would still say trescothick is better than Vaughan, hes going wo be a more consistent performer in the coming years than Vaughan i think.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Vaughan is definitely the classier player of the 2, Banger does tend to forget to move his feet.

However, at their age, we could see 3 or 4 years of them quite easily, which is nice!