• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who would you rather have in your team as a batsman - Hussey or Kallis

Who would you want as a batsman in your team

• Total voters

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
You may call me Liam, Scotland have played in the C&G for the past 3 seasons so Hamish would do nicely as an overseas player, plus he's got a very scottish name. :)

On that basis, but for the typo you could have Scott Styris.

Probably with New Zealand's blessing.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Hussey..

personally i would never ever want to have Batsman like Dravid and Kallis in my team..it will kill the whole idea of playing aggrassive cricket which i am in love with..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Obviously didn't see Kallis just slay the West Indies attack in the recent test hey?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hussey..

personally i would never ever want to have Batsman like Dravid and Kallis in my team..it will kill the whole idea of playing aggrassive cricket which i am in love with..
Kallis can play the sheet-anchor, but he can also play the aggressor.

I think he got an unfairly bad press a couple of years ago when it seemed that he was having to play the 'backs to the wall' role because of inadequacies elsewhere in the side.

Dravid? Well, if you have that many flair players as India tend to field (great to see His Most Regal Left-Handedness playing well again), you want a bit of stodge to add stability.

Can't make a trifle without sponges, you know.

Debris

International 12th Man
Kallis can play the sheet-anchor, but he can also play the aggressor.

I think he got an unfairly bad press a couple of years ago when it seemed that he was having to play the 'backs to the wall' role because of inadequacies elsewhere in the side.

Dravid? Well, if you have that many flair players as India tend to field (great to see His Most Regal Left-Handedness playing well again), you want a bit of stodge to add stability.

Can't make a trifle without sponges, you know.
I think the World Cup last year demonstrated his complete lack of ability to play an agressive innings.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think the World Cup last year demonstrated his complete lack of ability to play an agressive innings.
Kallis?

You're going to criticise a man who averaged 80.83 at a strike rate of almost 84. Geez.