• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who would you rather have in your team as a batsman - Hussey or Kallis

Who would you want as a batsman in your team

• Total voters

Craig

World Traveller
8-)

Any idea how much of a dick you look like right now? Read the thread FFS.
You know what **** you. You came in here attacking me for no reason and then having attack on my ability to read, so you think I wouldn't get angry and not return serve? Then if you expected that then you really are a braindead clown. And don't think your so tough and mighty by giving me the 8-), your hardly bloody perfect either. So don't you call me a dick, since you've been one yourself who got yourself banned for 7 days last either.

Honestly I'm not afraid of the mods and if I get banned, so be it, I spend enough time on here and on the internet as it is, so it would only be a blessing in disguise.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You know what **** you. You came in here attacking me for no reason and then having attack on my ability to read, so you think I wouldn't get angry and not return serve? Then if you expected that then you really are a braindead clown. And don't think your so tough and mighty by giving me the 8-), your hardly bloody perfect either. So don't you call me a dick, since you've been one yourself who got yourself banned for 7 days last either.

Honestly I'm not afraid of the mods and if I get banned, so be it, I spend enough time on here and on the internet as it is, so it would only be a blessing in disguise.
As I said before Craig, the irony was not lost. :p

Don't bite; he was looking for that reaction IMO.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha, for **** sake Craig. I said "selective blindness Craig", as a bit of a light-hearted comment to indicate that you didn't read the thread properly. You got a bit snappy with your reply, so I again had a bit of a dick and you resorted to abuse. Seriously man, I was just having a joke 'cause you missed the point of the thread. No need to get stroppy about it.

Andrew Pollock

School Boy/Girl Captain
So my team is going to India, and Hussey hasn't played there before, whilst Kallis has played all over the world...

Fairly obvious answer. Kallis everyday of the week. Its not even anything against the great Huss, its just he's got so much more to do. And you can't just argue "oh what about current form", because currently still, Huss hasn't had to play two spinners on a turner in India. Kallis has tons in India, and pretty much everywhere else.
Agreed, Kallis by a mile.

Perm

If you have something to say then I think your better off saying it IMO.
The thread is solely about batting, hence my comments in response to "Jacques Kallis for me. Can throw him the ball". You went nuts, which I found amusing, after I had a little dig at your eyesight and literacy.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The thread is solely about batting, hence my comments in response to "Jacques Kallis for me. Can throw him the ball". You went nuts, which I found amusing, after I had a little dig at your eyesight and literacy.
Actually, if you really want to get technical about it, it doesn't say "on batting alone" (even though that's clearly what he meant) - it says "as a batsman." Batsmen can still bowl, and the ability to throw Kallis the ball would indeed enhance his value as a batsman in your team. Matt obviously meant the question to be based on batting alone, but we've gone into semantics already, so I thought I'd put it out there. :p

Craig

World Traveller
Well I don't exactly like being a dick.

Craig

World Traveller
Actually, if you really want to get technical about it, it doesn't say "on batting alone" (even though that's clearly what he meant) - it says "as a batsman." Batsmen can still bowl, and the ability to throw Kallis the ball would indeed enhance his value as a batsman in your team. Matt obviously meant the question to be based on batting alone, but we've gone into semantics already, so I thought I'd put it out there. :p
Finally!

Perm

Oh, semantics. Just a pain in the arse really :p.

Anyway,

Based on discussion in this thread, who would you rather have in your team as a batsman, ignoring (somewhat unfairly, but for the sake of science :p) Kallis' bowling.
Is all I have to say. :)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Oh, semantics. Just a pain in the arse really :p.

Anyway,

Is all I have to say. :)
Meaning there are, semantically, two different questions: one being in the thread title and one being in the first post. The one in the title is mirrored in the poll question, too! :p

As I said though, it's fairly obvious what he meant, so I'll stop arguing it. :p