• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most dire player to play international cricket?

Flem274*

123/5
Yes I know this is a rip off in a way of the England dire player thread but I think this will be interesting. In your opinion, who is the most dire player to play for their country?

EDIT: All players named must have been playing in a test class team. To edit out even more obvious candidates, Zimbabwe players since 2003-04 are not included. Neither are Bangladesh players who played pre-2006

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Can we exclude some teams first, please? I'm sure we could all find some dire Bermudan fairly quickly..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think we should have "team which at that point was Test-standard, playing in a Test".

If so, for England I vote probably one of about 50 candidates. Tony Pigott would have to be one of the most random, though.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Brett Dorey (sarcasm, I know his selection had merit, but watching him play in those few games he looked pretty terrible)