• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who's the more rubbish bowler?

Who is more rubbish?

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Believe it or not, Bresnan is actually far, far more rubbish than Kabir. And I mean far more.

Bresnan has done virtually nothing of note all career, even despite playing at Headingley, generally the most seam-friendly ground in The World. Kabir has performed very impressively in both First-Class and one-day cricket of times (even though only of TIMES).

So Bresnan easily. Even though both have been equally awful at ODIs.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Kabir Ali on the occasions I've seen him has atleast demonstrated an ability to move the ball, seems capable of generating decent movement away from the right handers, even if he maxes out at about 125kph and has dubious control. His skiddy trajectory at that pace also makes him very easy to get after, but I can see him being an at times handy FC bowler.

Bresnan dosent appear to have anything going for him as a bowler and his domestic record would back that up.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Kabir Ali on the occasions I've seen him has atleast demonstrated an ability to move the ball, seems capable of generating decent movement away from the right handers, even if he maxes out at about 125kph and has dubious control. His skiddy trajectory at that pace also makes him very easy to get after, but I can see him being an at times handy FC bowler.
I have seen Kabir Ali bowl at 135-140kph in whole spells this season.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Both of them are well below the acceptable standard for an English International seam bowler.

However, outside the International context I wouldnt call either rubbish.

Ali has and will continue to be a reliable and valuable county pro and if Bresnan had been Zimbabwean he could easily have been a useful player contributing with both bat and ball without being special at either.

Ali the better bowler of the 2 though

iamdavid

International Debutant
I have seen Kabir Ali bowl at 135-140kph in whole spells this season.
Will confess to not having seen him bowl recently....I saw him in patches during 02/03 and 2003 v South Africa and highlights of the mauling(s) he copped from Jayasuria/Thuranga last year, and he looked decidedly medium pace to me on those occasions.

superwills

Cricket Spectator
bresnan v ali

ali is a MUCH better bowler. i've seen dem botbowl and ali is quicker, get more movement and more wickets. but bresnan can bat pretty well. easily ali for bowling!8-)