• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who's the better bowler, Mk II?

Who was better

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Highly irregular I must say.

Nah - seriously, get some stuff of Imran, I imagine there's loads on YT. He's awesome, could do everything they could and for much longer than Waqar and to a slightly better level than Wasim.

funnygirl

State Regular
I detest comments like ''see i am a Wasim fan ,so Waqar is overrated " or ''see i am a Waqar fan ,so i would say ,Wasim wasn't rated by any big ones'' .Both statements are equally despicable .

How can any one consider Waqar as overrated . The guy had pace ,leathal swing.And he did make use of those at his prime . Even after his peak ,he changed his action put so much variety into his bowling ,excellent use of seam .If any thing i felt he is slightly underrated .Due to the fact that he didn't have that charisma of Imran or Wasim generally.

Purely as a bowler ,the guy is simply a great .

And those who say Akhtar is better than Waqar ,i can only pity them . Waqar used to bowl series after series ,not just a ''one innings great and rest of the year waste '' kind of a bowler .

Akhtar is overrated IMO.

Also,there has always been a question mark over Akhtar's commitment,Waqar was always sincere & much more committed individual than Shoaib.Saying Shoaib is better than Waqar is just like saying Imran Farhat is a better opening batsman than Saeed Anwar.

But I'm not surprised to hear such undeserving comments about Shoaib by a person who is infinitely biased against Imran & considers a much inferior bowler i.e Wasim better than him.Whats next,Lara was a better batsman than Bradman?

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also,there has always been a question mark on Akhtar's commitment,Waqar was always sincere much more committed individual than Shoaib.Saying Shoaib is better than Waqar is just like saying Imran Farhat is a better opening batsman than Saeed Anwar.

But I'm not surprised to hear such undeserving comments about Shoaib by a person who is infinitely biased against Imran & considers a much inferior bowler i.e Wasim better than him.Whats next,Lara was a better batsman than Bradman?
Or Imran Khan as a better all-rounder than Gary Sobers? ;)

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is actually a more interesting question, because there was a time, albeit a short one, when Waqar was quite conceivably a better bowler than anyone except Malcolm Marshall.

Sadly for him, there was also a decidedly lengthy period of fair mediocrity, where searingly good games were sandwiched between 3 or 4 anodyne ones.

Imran was good for far, far, far longer, if never as sensationally marvellous as Waqar was for his first 4 years.
:clapping:

I agree with everything you've said above. Waqar at his best - 95+mph inswinging yorkers.... maaaarvellous

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
And I always thought Farhat was a better batsman than Anwar 8-)
Akhtar is nowhere near Waqar's class.
In bowling terms
Wasim Akram > Imran/Waqar > Shahid Afridi > Shoaib Malik > Shoaib Akhtar

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
And I always thought Farhat was a better batsman than Anwar 8-)
Akhtar is nowhere near Waqar's class.
In bowling terms
Wasim Akram > Imran/Waqar > Shahid Afridi > Shoaib Malik > Shoaib Akhtar

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I would. Though to say Akhtar > Waqar is ludicrous. Waqar ended with the figures he had even after playing long after he was pretty much washed up.
Why? They end up with similar figures and then you should factor in that Akhtar did just as good, if not better, than Waqar against the best sides. Also Akhtar has played more in the era of flat pitches and his figures are much better than Waqar's.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Also,there has always been a question mark on Akhtar's commitment,Waqar was always sincere much more committed individual than Shoaib.Saying Shoaib is better than Waqar is just like saying Imran Farhat is a better opening batsman than Saeed Anwar.
Haha, gold. Would be an Afridi contender IMO if Afridis were active at present.