• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Bowling Attack

Best bowling attack?

• Total voters

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What about India, New Zealand and England who all have pretty good bowling attacks? TBF you should mention Bangladesh and West Indies also.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
What about India, New Zealand and England who all have pretty good bowling attacks? TBF you should mention Bangladesh and West Indies also.
Read the title: it says best bowling attack, not good bowling attacks, so you can eliminate Eng, NZ, Ind. And Bang and WI :laugh:

gunner

U19 Cricketer
has to be between pakistan,Sa and the aussies.
i would rank pakistan number 1 aussies number 2 and then saffies.

with teh finding of tanvir pakistan have an even more better squad of fast bowlers than last year.

like ian chappell said 2 days ago.

pakistan just shake the tree and down comes a fast bowler whenever they need 1

Perm

Read the title: it says best bowling attack, not good bowling attacks, so you can eliminate Eng, NZ, Ind. And Bang and WI :laugh:
Well if you listed those other nations then we would have a broader selection to chose the best bowling attack from, wouldn't we?

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
Well if you listed those other nations then we would have a broader selection to chose the best bowling attack from, wouldn't we?
No, because NZ only have only 1 great bowler while India and England have none. So if anyone would vote for either of these teams as having the best bowling attack, it would entirely be because of bias.

Perm

No, because NZ only have only 1 great bowler while India and England have none. So if anyone would vote for either of these teams as having the best bowling attack, it would entirely be because of bias.
A star team will always beat a team of stars. New Zealand have one great bowler, but they'e got a couple of pretty good support bowlers like Franklin and Vettori. As a unit, England are right up there when they field Flintoff, Panesar, Hoggard and another bowler while India are the same. Harbhajan, Kumble, Khan and Munaf is a very, very good bowling attack, despite not having any "great" bowlers, which is obviously in your opinion, as Kumble is a great bowler IMO.

Flem274*

123/5
Voted for Canada because i hope this selective and dire thread which we've seen 192971291 times before dies a horrible death. my 2 cents.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:@ You gave special precedence to the first 7 threads, reasoning that they were early on, didn't you?!

Matt79

Global Moderator
Voted Australia.

Pakistan are the other contender, with Asif as a quality leader of the attack. But I'd say Clark is just as good at the moment, and Lee, Johnson/Tait and MacGill are better than the Pakistani equivalents. I'm assuming Akhtar is injured/suspended/an idiot wasting his talent here folks.

For SA Pollock-Ntini = Clark-Lee IMO, but MacGill makes the Aussie attack better balanced.