• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Bowling Attack

Best bowling attack?

• Total voters

pasag

RTDAS
Not convinced Tremlett is a better Test bowler than Anderson although the upcoming series will give a fairer idea. No question in ODIs though.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I think India should be up there. Zaheer Khan proved to be a deadly swing bowler, getting the best of Kevin Pietersen, who is one of the best in the world.

Sreesanth is lively and on his day, is truly great. I believe that sufficient training must be done to him to make him faster and more consistant. He needs to stop all this going wide of the crease rubbish and look to run in straight lines and hit the same line over and over.

RP Singh has proved his brilliance in the ICC World Twenty20, not only is he decidedly sharp, he is accurate and gets surprising bounce.

Irfan Pathan (my hero), has made a fine comeback. His pace is back up to 130-140kph when he tries to bowl fast, his accuracy is second to few and his swing is late and potent.

The spinners are all of world class too. Ramesh Powar is up there with the finest finger spinners in world cricket. Chawla has tied the greatest in knots and Harbhajan showed that he is a class above county when he demolished all who came in Surrey's path this summer.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
The spinners are all of world class too. Ramesh Powar is up there with the finest finger spinners in world cricket. Chawla has tied the greatest in knots and Harbhajan showed that he is a class above county when he demolished all who came in Surrey's path this summer.
Ramesh Powar and Piyush Chawla are not world class bowlers.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ramesh Powar is up there with the finest finger spinners in world cricket. Chawla has tied the greatest in knots
Not really. Powar is a wholly unproven force and as of yet is more noted for his flight than his turn, and Chawla has done little of note to date really, much potential as he clearly has.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Wouldn't mind an attack of Mills Franklin Bond TBH, perfectly decent bowling line up. Looks just as strong as any other countries at the moment. England if they had everyone fit would have the best attack IMO though.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wouldn't mind an attack of Mills Franklin Bond TBH, perfectly decent bowling line up. Looks just as strong as any other countries at the moment. England if they had everyone fit would have the best attack IMO though.
Tests- Mills would be the weak link.
ODIs - Franklin would be the weak link.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Irritating point of that lineup though isn't it?

Which is why if Mills is in the ODI team I would pick Franklin with him. Because Mills and Bond are good enough to cover a Franklin bad day, and he can have some really good days. Better than bringing in the likes of Gillespie by far IMO.

As for tests I still have faith that Mills will be able to improve. I would just like to see NZ manufacture another good test bowler, if anyone says Martin I'll curdle.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Mills had an exceptionally dire start to his test career, but he's been good in his last few tests IIRC and I don't think there's anything intrinsically stopping him from being an okay test bowler.

Perm

Which is why if Mills is in the ODI team I would pick Franklin with him. Because Mills and Bond are good enough to cover a Franklin bad day, and he can have some really good days. Better than bringing in the likes of Gillespie by far IMO.

As for tests I still have faith that Mills will be able to improve. I would just like to see NZ manufacture another good test bowler, if anyone says Martin I'll curdle.
Gillespie is a better option than Mills for Test cricket IMO, although Chris Martin will continue to be in the team one feels.

Perm

Mills had an exceptionally dire start to his test career, but he's been good in his last few tests IIRC and I don't think there's anything intrinsically stopping him from being an okay test bowler.
Doesn't have the pace to be a good Test bowler IMO, he lacks that nip. Obviously he'll probably perform reasonably well on New Zealand pitches that offer a fair amount of assistance to bowlers in his mould, but I can't really see him being successful outside of that.

His last few Test's have been reasonably good, but I don't think he'll have the goods to pull through. It's all well and good dominating a batting lineup of Gayle, Ganga, Morton, Bravo, Ramdin and two out of sorts legends like Chanderpaul and Lara, or bowling on seam-friendly wickets, but I have a feelin he'll turn out to be a green-top bully like so many New Zealand seamers we see.

Flem274*

123/5

Martin.:p

Just kidding I agree, Martin is dire. Greentop/NZ pitch bully. The likes of Mills, O'Brien, Gillespie, Scott, Bennet and McMillan can do no worse, in fact I'd expect them to be far better.

Heck I'd rather a Daryl Tuffey back at his best than a Chris Martin. Or Ian Butler, he at least had speed. I like speed.