• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Javed Miandad

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
What worst behaved ? He was just trying to bat but the constant chirping of Kiran More must have been annoying.

Anyways, It is one of the funniest things I have watched in cricket. No big deal, he was just having some harmless fun in the middle.

haroon510

International 12th Man
he had problems with denis lily also... i don't know whose fault was that but there are other cricketers with worst bahavier than javid mindad... shoaib, shane warne, seasernth and some other cricketers were/ are worst behavior cricketer than javid had ever been..

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
he had problems with denis lily also... i don't know whose fault was that but there are other cricketers with worst bahavier than javid mindad... shoaib, shane warne, seasernth and some other cricketers were/ are worst behavior cricketer than javid had ever been..
I would maintain, I have never heard or seen Javed starting any discord on the field without any provocation. I would never never put him in the category of cricketers whose behaviour was poor.

As far as the incident with Lillee is concerned , Here is from Wisden (Cricinfo) :-

http://content-www.cricinfo.com/wisdenalmanack/content/story/141796.html

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Javed was one of the bestbatsmen Pakistan ever produced, he was probably the greatest fighter amongst all Pakistani batsmen ever and we hated him in his heyday because he was so damned good and made it so difficult for us to beat Pakistan.

Besides all this Javed was a great irritant. Thats the best way to describe him. He was always trying to get under the opposition's skin. It came easily to him also because he was so witty. Very witty, he still is :)

This video, I remember so well watching the whole thing live, is one of the funniest things I have ever seen on the cricket field. I don't find it a sign of being 'ill behaved'. More was the Matt Prior of those times. He just kept on and on. As did some Pakistani keepers no doubt. He had it coming.

I also find it very funny because Miandad was for once on the recieving end of irritating close to the wicket chatter. Something he dished out in bucketfuls day in and day out to opposing batsman. He was also bugged because he couldnt get someone as 'innocuous' as Sachin (as a bowler) get away. I can imagine Miandad getting hugely bugged by this yungster who bowled once in a blue moon keeping him - him the great Javed - quiet and on top of that this irritating man behind the stumps would.t stop his irritating "shabash, shabash" (well done, well done)

Very funny indeed.

Bouncer

State Regular
Javed was one of the bestbatsmen Pakistan ever produced, he was probably the greatest fighter amongst all Pakistani batsmen ever and we hated him in his heyday because he was so damned good and made it so difficult for us to beat Pakistan.

Besides all this Javed was a great irritant. Thats the best way to describe him. He was always trying to get under the opposition's skin. It came easily to him also because he was so witty. Very witty, he still is :)

This video, I remember so well watching the whole thing live, is one of the funniest things I have ever seen on the cricket field. I don't find it a sign of being 'ill behaved'. More was the Matt Prior of those times. He just kept on and on. As did some Pakistani keepers no doubt. He had it coming.

I also find it very funny because Miandad was for once on the recieving end of irritating close to the wicket chatter. Something he dished out in bucketfuls day in and day out to opposing batsman. He was also bugged because he couldnt get someone as 'innocuous' as Sachin (as a bowler) get away. I can imagine Miandad getting hugely bugged by this yungster who bowled once in a blue moon keeping him - him the great Javed - quiet and on top of that this irritating man behind the stumps would.t stop his irritating "shabash, shabash" (well done, well done)

Very funny indeed.
Sirjee, Do u remember him from 87 Banglore test?
Any memory?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Sirjee, Do u remember him from 87 Banglore test?
Any memory?
I remember him and that match very clearly but I dont remember too much of Miandad IN that match except that he was asked to open the second innings by Imran.

I remember the match for thefantastic returns of Maninder who got 7 wickets for next to to nothing and again for Kapil over bowling Maninder in the second innings even when he wasnt anywhere close to whathe had done in the first innings.

Of course I remember the match for Gavaskar's masterly 96 in the second innings on a wicket turning square. It was a very low scoring game and the Pakistani spinners Qasim and Tausif were almost unplayable in the second innings. It was Gavaskar's last test innings. Though he did not announce his retirement since he wanted to play a last innings at Lords where a match was being organised by MCC and only the active test players from around the world were eligible. Gavaskar wanted to play and add the one century thathad eluded him in his fabulous career, a century at Lords.

By the way, he played this match and top scored with 188 (out of 421) in the first innings for the Rest of The World against MCC who had amongst their bowlers, Marshall and Hadlee.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Though Marshall should have had him for 0,.. ;)
Was it? I dont remember. But I know about the second iings duck. We never got to see that innings. :@

But he still got another 188 , after being dropped, which is fantastic for someone who had played his last test and was in his 39th year.

Bouncer

State Regular
I remember him and that match very clearly but I dont remember too much of Miandad IN that match except that he was asked to open the second innings by Imran.

I remember the match for thefantastic returns of Maninder who got 7 wickets for next to to nothing and again for Kapil over bowling Maninder in the second innings even when he wasnt anywhere close to whathe had done in the first innings.

Of course I remember the match for Gavaskar's masterly 96 in the second innings on a wicket turning square. It was a very low scoring game and the Pakistani spinners Qasim and Tausif were almost unplayable in the second innings. It was Gavaskar's last test innings. Though he did not announce his retirement since he wanted to play a last innings at Lords where a match was being organised by MCC and only the active test players from around the world were eligible. Gavaskar wanted to play and add the one century thathad eluded him in his fabulous career, a century at Lords.

By the way, he played this match and top scored with 188 (out of 421) in the first innings for the Rest of The World against MCC who had amongst their bowlers, Marshall and Hadlee.
Actually the reason i asked you was to find out if u noticed Javed's wittiness ......when India toured Pak in 1989-90...one of cricket magazine is Pak did interviews of members of Pak team that toured India in 87....alot of inside stories were shared in that special edition...one of them was from Touseef Ahmed recalled that the umpiring level in particularly from Ramaswamy was so bad that it frustrate Pak team to an un believable level..many decisions went in home team favor, so it was decided by Pak team that if u let umpires do what they were doing (not making honest decisions) they will do anything to not let india lose.....so a decision was made that someone from Pak side will start argument with umpires and will try to un-settle them..to give him message that, they just can not go on doing what they were doing and can not keep on giving biased decisions.......So Javed was the person who did that job for Pak in that test, he would go to umpires and would argue with them about the appeal that got turned down...Javed Obliged and it got to point that umpires even started complaining with Imran, who would intervene ...and would saperate javed from Umpire...but everytime he moved javed away from umpires...he gave Javed a thumps up for what he did too.:)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Actually the reason i asked you was to find out if u noticed Javed's wittiness ......when India toured Pak in 1989-90...one of cricket magazine is Pak did interviews of members of Pak team that toured India in 87....alot of inside stories were shared in that special edition...one of them was from Touseef Ahmed recalled that the umpiring level in particularly from Ramaswamy was so bad that it frustrate Pak team to an un believable level..many decisions went in home team favor, so it was decided by Pak team that if u let umpires do what they were doing (not making honest decisions) they will do anything to not let india lose.....so a decision was made that someone from Pak side will start argument with umpires and will try to un-settle them..to give him message that, they just can not go on doing what they were doing and can not keep on giving biased decisions.......So Javed was the person who did that job for Pak in that test, he would go to umpires and would argue with them about the appeal that got turned down...Javed Obliged and it got to point that umpires even started complaining with Imran, who would intervene ...and would saperate javed from Umpire...but everytime he moved javed away from umpires...he gave Javed a thumps up for what he did too.:)
No I had not heard that one.

By the way the umpiring in India Pakistan matches was abominable , in both countries. Imran has written in his book about how poor the umpiring w even in Pakistan and he minces no words in calling it blatant cheating. All credit to him for bring the person to keep insisting on neutral umpires. He writes in his book that he did not feel good about the sheen of the Pakistani team's good performances being lost due to blatantly biased umpiring.

Bouncer

State Regular
No I had not heard that one.

By the way the umpiring in India Pakistan matches was abominable , in both countries. Imran has written in his book about how poor the umpiring w even in Pakistan and he minces no words in calling it blatant cheating. All credit to him for bring the person to keep insisting on neutral umpires. He writes in his book that he did not feel good about the sheen of the Pakistani team's good performances being lost due to blatantly biased umpiring.
One of the many things that make Imran great....he was the one who brought neutral umpires in cricket and in 1986 series with WI, the series right b4 the india tour, there were 2 SL umpires to officiate the test matches..

funnygirl

State Regular
That clip was funny:laugh: .

but ,Javed wasn't that ''funny'' by any means during his days ,especially as a wicket keeper .Used to say nasty things beyond any one's imaginataion .When he got a small taste of his own medicine ,he couldn't stand .

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I seem to remember Imran and more than 1 person making more than 1 comment about him (David Constant) too, yes.
David Constant's certainly been cited as the man responsible for much of the bad feeling as far as Pakistan were concerned by the mid-80's. However, all I've ever specifically heard is about an allegedly poor decision to saw off Sikander (batting at 11 IIRC) in the deciding test in 1982. Not quite the equivalent of what England suffered at the hands of Shakeel Khan in 1987!

Can anyone enlighten me exactly what Constant's crimes were to arouse such strong feelings from the Pakistanis?