• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players Mouth/Attitude Backfiring On Him

gunner

U19 Cricketer
There have been 2 instances in this tournament where an english player has opened his mouth before/during a match and then got a humiliating and brutal answer

1. Pieterson before the aussie match- We all know the result of the match

2. Flintoff to Yuvraj during 20/20- i dont even have to ask what happened

3. Broad to Ganguly during 6th odi- broad may have got him out but ganguly gave him the perfect reply by launching him over long off for that brutal 6 after that verbal spat.

4.Sreesanth to Inzi in Abu Dhabi- Sreesanth got abit too big for his shoes and said something to inzi after inzi hit him for a 4, next ball Inzi smacked him for a even brutal 4 and sreesanth was sent packing.

Any other instances?
can involve any teams and any players.
this was just the most recent and off the top of my head

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I always like it when BING LEE's attitude backfires on him TBH.

(Not Brett Lee BTW)

Days of Grace

International Captain
Colin Croft and almost the whole Windies team in NZ in the early 80s. Croft shoulder-charged the umpire in his bowling action and NZ went on to win the series. Has to be one of the most unlikely series wins because of the relative strengh of both teams at the time.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Colin Croft and almost the whole Windies team in NZ in the early 80s. Croft shoulder-charged the umpire in his bowling action and NZ went on to win the series. Has to be one of the most unlikely series wins because of the relative strengh of both teams at the time.
Think it was more the other way around TBH. The shoulder-charging was because New Zealand were winning the series, and West Indies (probably rightly so) felt they were being treated unfairly because of poor Umpiring.

Let's not forget, New Zealand won the series 1-0, the sole victory was by 1 wicket, and this was the only series West Indies' first-team lost in nearly 20 years (between 1975\76 and 1995).

iamdavid

International Debutant
I recall Brad Williams wouldnt shut up all summer v India in 03/04....didnt get many of them out though