• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worlds Best All-Rounder - Poll 10 - Zimbabwe

Zimbabwe's Best All-Rounder

• Prosper Utseya

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heath Streak (he's not a Kolpak)

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Sean Williams

• Gary Brent

• Elton Chigumbura

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Stuart Matsikenyeri

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I will do a series of polls, 1 for each test playing nation (now including Zim and Bangla + a combined associates poll) to see who you believe is the best all rounder of that country. I will then place all of the poll winners in another poll, to determine who the worlds best all-rounder is.

This poll will end in 1 week.
Next Poll: Combined Associates

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Utseya. :p

Seriously, though - heads above all others as a ODI bowler, even with his recent decline. Never rated Chigumbura's bowling at all back in ' day, but I haven't watched him much in recent times so he might have got better.

Seriously though - Gary Brent as a batsman? :huh::jawdrop: That's even more XtremeX than anything so far.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Utseya. :p

Seriously, though - heads above all others as a ODI bowler, even with his recent decline. Never rated Chigumbura's bowling at all back in ' day, but I haven't watched him much in recent times so he might have got better.

Seriously though - Gary Brent as a batsman? :huh::jawdrop: That's even more XtremeX than anything so far.
Chigumbura is a much improved bowler. He'd make the team as a bowler alone now really which you definitely couldn't have said a year ago - in fact there have been games where he hasn't bowled at all. His batting is obviously impressive by Zimbabwean standards as well.

Oh, and regarding Brent - his batting is much better than you'd think. He batted quite high in Zimbabwean domestic cricket and even batted #4 in club cricket in England. His batting was never utilised much in his prime as Zimbabwe had a plethora of bowling allrounders (plus, he's more a longer-version batsman and he never played many tests) but he might get more of a chance now that the rest of the team is dire.

Last edited: