• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worlds Greatest All-Rounder - Poll 8 - West Indies

West Indies' Best All-Rounder

• Dave Mohammad (coz you'll kill me if i don't put him on)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Dwayne Bravo

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Chris Gayle

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Marlon Samuels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dwayne Smith

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I will do a series of polls, 1 for each test playing nation (now including Zim and Bangla + a combined associates poll) to see who you believe is the best all rounder of that country. I will then place all of the poll winners in another poll, to determine who the worlds best all-rounder is.

This poll will end in 1 week.
Next Poll: Bangladesh

Days of Grace

International Captain
Bravo has grossly underperformed, and his bowling seems to be getting more rubbish with time, whereas it should be improving. Therefore, I went for Gayle. Aveaging nearly 40 in both forms of the game, and his bowling, esp. in ODIs is very effective.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If it was Tests Bravo every time, but ODIs - Gayle.
Given I voted on the basis of test cricket for every poll and you seem to have done the opposite, the results could well end up strange and inconsistent. I'm assuming we'll have others voting on the basis of one or the other as well...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I thought the blokey conducting the polls had said he was meaning in ODI terms.
Only in about the 5th poll though, and not in the opening post. I'd voted on most on them already when he said that and then I decided to keep at least my own votes consistent.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Only in about the 5th poll though, and not in the opening post. I'd voted on most on them already when he said that and then I decided to keep at least my own votes consistent.
Guess I was lucky that I read that in my third one, and the first two were the same in both game-forms. :p

shortpitched713

International Captain
Given I voted on the basis of test cricket for every poll and you seem to have done the opposite, the results could well end up strange and inconsistent. I'm assuming we'll have others voting on the basis of one or the other as well...
Haha, I'm doing a strange hybrid. Which is what I always do if the OP doesn't specify.