• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What's your fielding position?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I personally prefer fielding at gully or cover.
But as a fast bowler i field at square leg or fine leg inbetween overs.
I kinda used to be a keeper but i got to sore and tired to be doing that reguarly.

Eclipse

International Debutant
I preffer to feild in the outfeild because I am the fastest runner I know (100m and 200m state sprint finalist)

I seem to get alot off run outs when I feild there because of my speed and the fact It looks like I have a poor arm (im pritty skinny) but I have the best arm in the team so I like pretending like I cant throw and then when they take a risk on me let it rip.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, close-in fielder cause I have very quick reactions, out fielder cause I have a good arm and usually manage to stop the ball crossing the rope by any means possible and I rarely drop a catch, I could be good as Slip but I've never stood there, but I've never dropped a catch in slip catching practise...also I'm a useful backup Wicket-Keeper. Best all-round fielder in the team :D

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
I am usually put in all sorts of places for the simple fact that I'm one the quickest sprinters and tend to gather the ball quite fluently... However because I have a problem judging very high catches( Eye Problems ) I prefer the infield coz I'm a good catcher of not as high catches.... 8D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Never called on 12th man - my ability to have 2 cans in my hands at once at the cricket is second to none.

Rich2001

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Never called on 12th man - my ability to have 2 cans in my hands at once at the cricket is second to none.
HAHA Good old Marc :lol: :lol:

Iam a slip fielder normally, if not there somewhere within the cricle as I only have an average arm on me but make up with quick reflexes and williness to throw myself around.

Kimbo

International Debutant
Cover, point, midwicket or in close cos i **** the batsmen off easily!
had the funniest sledging at my last tourny.
keeper asks me
"Kim, thats thirteen dot balls, whats that formula, what happens after 13 dot balls?"
I say "a wicket"
cover says "what? test match cricket"
"no, no, A WICKET"
"TEST MATCH CRICKET???"
"NO A WICKET!"
next ball: batter goes for a slog and crowns her self! we were ****ing ourselves laughing...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Well if I field in the circle then I usually throw the ball to the keeper, throw the stumps down or do a "Jonty" and dive into them to run someone out. My best sledge was to the skipper of the opo who had scored hardly any runs: "Why can't you play a bloody shot? This is supposed to be ONE DAY CRICKET!!!" he replied "well at least I'm not out", I replied "Well unless you score something soon then your team is better off with you getting out" so he plays a shot and gets no run "There...I played a shot, happy" and I replied "Yeah, but try and score a run as well!"...and a few overs later I got him out LBW...playing no shot :lol:

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Sunil Havascar said:
Cover, point, midwicket or in close cos i **** the batsmen off easily!
had the funniest sledging at my last tourny.
keeper asks me
"Kim, thats thirteen dot balls, whats that formula, what happens after 13 dot balls?"
I say "a wicket"
cover says "what? test match cricket"
"no, no, A WICKET"
"TEST MATCH CRICKET???"
"NO A WICKET!"
next ball: batter goes for a slog and crowns her self! we were ****ing ourselves laughing...
You had some good calls against me at under 21 tourny.
"Tick Tock another Block"

Eclipse

International Debutant
I always find a good way to **** the fast bowlers off is to comment on how well there leg brakes are spinning today.

Then occasionaly when you get beaten outside off say " ohhh was that the fliper?"

Simon

you would tend to look pretty stupid if you are sledging the bowler if you are playing and missing outside off stump too often.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Well you obviously dont say it unless you are well on top of the attack.

Imagine saying it to Brett Lee if you were a tailender you would be dead lol.

Simon

hayden was sledging Shoaib, and well we know he took 5 wickets in that spell, one would imagine shoaib will not be getting sldged by any batsmen in the near future.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
broncoman said:
hayden was sledging Shoaib, and well we know he took 5 wickets in that spell, one would imagine shoaib will not be getting sldged by any batsmen in the near future.
Why not - he's not the best by a long chalk, and I feel that if rattled he tries to bowl faster, and that isn't always accurate enough!

Eclipse

International Debutant
Well Ponting had a good go at Shoaib after there was a ridiculas appeal for LBW and it fired Shoaib up but Ponting even more who hooked him for 2 sixes in the over. He made 67 before being run out and had much the better of Shoaib.

He played the most exellerating pull shot I have ever seen in that innings of Akahta the ball went screeming through mid on hit the fence and bounced up about 4 meaters in the air. So I would say If your Ponting you should sledge him all the time.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
you would tend to look pretty stupid if you are sledging the bowler if you are playing and missing outside off stump too often.
A good one to the fastest bowler in the league I was playing was "If your so fast how come I slogged you out of the ground" yeah ok...it was a slower ball :lol:

Simon

as a fast bowler myself ill tell you now, batsmen playing shots dont **** me off. Its the ones that stand there and leave every ball, if you have the patience i would suggest to do that.