• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World's Greatest All-Rounder - Poll 5 - Pakistan

Pakistan's Best All-Rounder

• Shahid Afridi

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Azhar Mahmood

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adbur Razzaq

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Shoaib Malik

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Mohammad Hafeez

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Yasir Arafat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sohail Tanvir

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I will do a series of polls, 1 for each test playing nation (now including Zim and Bangla + a combined associates poll) to see who you believe is the best all rounder of that country. I will then place all of the poll winners in another poll, to determine who the worlds best all-rounder is.

This poll will end in 1 week.
Next Poll: Sri Lanka

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I will do a series of polls, 1 for each test playing nation (now including Zim and Bangla + a combined associates poll) to see who you believe is the best all rounder of that country. I will then place all of the poll winners in another poll, to determine who the worlds best all-rounder is.

This poll will end in 1 week.
Next Poll: Pakistan
I vote for .......

He is easily the best of the "lot" :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Once again, impossible. Afridi and Mahmood are both rubbish, Razzaq has retired and hasn't really been an all-rounder anyway for years, Tanvar is barely into the picture, Arafat is an all-rounder about as much as Mark Ealham (though a massively inferior bowler), and Shoaib Malik isn't really that good a bowler, though a very fine top-order batsman.

If I had to vote for one, I'd probably go for Mahmood, which shows how you're scraping the barrel.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Surely, Afridi here. His bowling has really come on in the last two years or so. And he does average mid-30s in tests with the bat, remember.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Once again, impossible. Afridi and Mahmood are both rubbish, Razzaq has retired and hasn't really been an all-rounder anyway for years, Tanvar is barely into the picture, Arafat is an all-rounder about as much as Mark Ealham (though a massively inferior bowler), and Shoaib Malik isn't really that good a bowler, though a very fine top-order batsman.

If I had to vote for one, I'd probably go for Mahmood, which shows how you're scraping the barrel.
Scraped the barrel in the Afridi direction personally. Good talent in both areas which edged it for me, no real all rounders here though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Because Afridi will routinely get dropped after just a couple of poor Tests, meaning that, where most would fail quite a lot and have the average come down, Afridi retains the high average until he next gets picked, when he will either have a few big innings and get the average to go up again, or fail and probably be dropped right away.

There is no way on Earth a Test average of 37 (or whatever it currently is) is an accurate reflection of Afridi's ability. It hopelessly flatters him.

Had he played over a longer period I'd imagine his average would be closer to 25. What would be preferable, obviously, is for him not to have played at all.

Swervy

International Captain
Because Afridi will routinely get dropped after just a couple of poor Tests, meaning that, where most would fail quite a lot and have the average come down, Afridi retains the high average until he next gets picked, when he will either have a few big innings and get the average to go up again, or fail and probably be dropped right away.

There is no way on Earth a Test average of 37 (or whatever it currently is) is an accurate reflection of Afridi's ability. It hopelessly flatters him.

Had he played over a longer period I'd imagine his average would be closer to 25. What would be preferable, obviously, is for him not to have played at all.
thats just guesswork though isnt it?

Agreed,no bits & pieces player in last 10 years has disturbed Pakistan cricket team's combination like Afridi & Abdul Razzaq have done.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Has to be Afridi. Malik's bowling has really fallen away of late, while Afridi's has improved out of sight. Malik is clearly the better batsman, but I have to give it to Afridi by a bit. This is making the ODI assumption, of course.

haroon510

International 12th Man
voted for afridi...razzaq is a much better alrounder but he is retired... mahmood isn't the same as he was in his frist matches .. malik barely bowles.... hafeez doesn't even need to be in the team... arafat has a decent domastic record in both bowling and bating but he has never transform that performance to international cricket.. tanvir... i havn't seen him bat yet... we would like to see him playing test matches... that is when the alrounding talent appears.... twenty game is a miss hit game...based on a couple of mis and hit game of twenty we can judge his alrounding talents

considering the form that afridi is with the ball recently and bating... he is a the better choice out there than any of them
that is why i voted for afridi.