• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worlds Best All Rounder - Poll 2 - England

Englands Best all-rounder

• Dimitri Mascarenhas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jeremy Snape

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Freddy Flintoff

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • Paul Collingwood

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Chris Schofield

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
following on from Poll 1 - Australia

I will do a series of polls, 1 for each test playing nation (now including Zim and Bangla + a combined associates poll) to see who you believe is the best all rounder of that country. I will then place all of the poll winners in another poll, to determine who the worlds best all-rounder is.

This poll will end in 1 week.
Next Poll: India

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Umm... there's really no point.

Even if he's unfit, no-one in the country has touched Andrew Flintoff for nearly 4 years now.

cpr

International Coach
I had to vote Schofield. Its a sympathy vote. But if he comes 2nd i'll be a happy man :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Why does England play Mascarenhas against any side other than India ?

Here are his scores for England in matches against other teams.

• West Indies (Lord's ODI) : ....2
  • West Indies (Birmingham) :.. 3
  • West Indies (Nottingham) :... 5
  • Zimbabwe (T20 WC) :.......... 0
  • Australia (T20 WC) :............ 4
  • South Africa (T20 WC) : .....15 no
  • NewZeaLand (T20WC) :...... 0

- A grand total of 29 runs in 6 completed innings at a mind boggling 4.67 per innings.

- A grand total of 50 balls faced in the seven innings.​

I doubt if any other player in any other side in the world has such a 'stand out' performance over this period.

Today is another day of course. England are playing India and India have a left arm spinner called Yuvaraj Singh :) Will England play Dmitri, the "all rounder" again ? If yes, will Dhoni throw the ball to his new deputy ?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Dimitri is just a bowler who can have a swing IMO. He's yet to play a proper cricket shot for runs. Handy to have at the death of the innings for his six hitting I suppose, but I definitely think his batting is over-appreciated.

SJS said:
Why does England play Mascarenhas against any side other than India ?
Bowling. :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Dimitri is just a bowler who can have a swing IMO. He's yet to play a proper cricket shot for runs. Handy to have at the death of the innings for his six hitting I suppose, but I definitely think his batting is over-appreciated.

Bowling. :)
Aha.. !