Why does England play Mascarenhas against any side other than India ?
Here are his scores for England in matches against other teams.
- West Indies (Lord's ODI) : ....2
- West Indies (Birmingham) :.. 3
- West Indies (Nottingham) :... 5
- Zimbabwe (T20 WC) :.......... 0
- Australia (T20 WC) :............ 4
- South Africa (T20 WC) : .....15 no
- NewZeaLand (T20WC) :...... 0
- A grand total of 29 runs in 6 completed innings at a mind boggling 4.67 per innings.
- A grand total of 50 balls faced in the seven innings.
I doubt if any other player in any other side in the world has such a 'stand out' performance over this period.
Today is another day of course. England are playing India and India have a left arm spinner called Yuvaraj Singh Will England play Dmitri, the "all rounder" again ? If yes, will Dhoni throw the ball to his new deputy ?