• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dhoni Captain of Indian ODI side.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
A good decision IMO as there is no guaratee that Sachin Tendulkar would be playing cricket till the next World Cup.
Oh I forgot to mention. Sachin has refused to lead the side and the decision was taken after the selectors recieved Sachin's confirmation. :)

biased indian

International Coach
The selection committee meeting started today at 1300 hours ...:)
ya it says that also..even though the decision has been made official announment will be done only later after the meeting

may be they have some insiders :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Dhoni Captain of Indian ODI side.

Its confirmed.

Official confirmation any minute now.
Ah well, we'll see. Rarely been sold on wicketkeeper-captains, though. And I seriously hope it doesn't affect or be perceived to affect his batting.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Harbhajan and Pathan back in ODI side

India one-day squad
Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt) ,Yuvraj Singh (vice-captain), Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, Dinesh Karthik, Gautam Gambhir, Robin Uthappa, Irfan Pathan, Ramesh Powar, Piyush Chawla, RP Singh, Zaheer Khan, Sreesanth, Harbhajan Singh

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah well, we'll see. Rarely been sold on wicketkeeper-captains, though. And I seriously hope it doesn't affect or be perceived to affect his batting.
Looking at it that way, why not do a UCB with Graeme Smith and make a fringe player a captain? Then you won't have to worry about a star player's batting or bowling being affected. That said, he's a good choice as of now, given the way he plays.

pup11

International Coach
I don't know how to react to this, i think this was the only option the Indian selectors so you can't really criticise them for that.
But i don't like the idea of having a wicket-keeper captain.