• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

If you play 10 Twenty20s in a row, you can't put money on who's going to win because it's so variable. But in 50-over cricket, the better side will win more often than not.

That's certainly having a go at the format, tbh.

He could be saying that with a bit of luck anyone will will twenty20 (i.e: he thinks India had a bit of luck)...but in 50 over cricket the best team (i.e: Aus in his opinion) will usually win...THEN he's having a go at India. :laugh:

pup11

International Coach
I think under Tim Neilsen's term so far Australia has improved their on-field behaviour a lot and even in this series they have behaved quite well and have only spoken on field when Indians have had a go after them.
Even if the Aussies are the one's starting the banter then they are doing a great job of hiding it from the cameras.
Whatever may be the reason for this banter and on-field misconduct, Indians are the one's who look ratelled by all this.

biased indian

International Coach
IMO Australia isn't known for being quiet. I wouldn't be sure that the Indians started it.
Aussie started it i was at the ground each time a six or four was hit the batsmen at the nonstriker end will just walk across harbhajan or sreesanth...during the 4th and 5 th wicket partnership.i think australia have understood that they can get under the skin of these 2 players easly.becuase i didnt see them doing the same to any other bowlers during the game....

biased indian

International Coach
I think under Tim Neilsen's term so far Australia has improved their on-field behaviour a lot and even in this series they have behaved quite well and have only spoken on field when Indians have had a go after them.
Even if the Aussies are the one's starting the banter then they are doing a great job of hiding it from the cameras.
Whatever may be the reason for this banter and on-field misconduct, Indians are the one's who look ratelled by all this.
ya they do it during the over break ...it was the way when harbhjan a was batting and he was talking all the time he was batting.....

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
did u even see yesterday's match? Symonds was the one going after Sreesanth a good 2 or 3 overs before he got out. Sreesanth was walking back upto his mark and Symonds was walking along with him (remember he is the non-striker and he doesn't need to walk back THAT far) and he was saying something. I distinctly remember Sreesanth being quiet and not saying anything.

I know Sreesanth is not a great guy but neither is Symonds and as long as we don't know what exactly transpired, it is just your opinion vs my opinion and there is no right side or wrong side there, at all....

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Anyways, India seriously need to look at their bowling line up and the batting order. I think the batsmen that were picked were fine but maybe we can take another look at where each is batting and see if that is for the best or not. The bowling is a real worry though... Powar has not had the answers to the Aussies using their feet against him and I guess bringing in someone else, even a batsman instead could be a better option...

Anyways, Aussies are a great side and there is no real shame to losing to them and any team can have an off day and I am not really too bothered as of now, but of course, it will be different if they lose the next one or two, though.

pup11

International Coach
Sree Santh appealing for a run-out against Symonds was really a childish thing to do, and yeah i agree with you honestbharani that Symonds is no saint himself, but mate don't you think it was Sree Santh who started all that trash-talk when the ball hit Haddin on his pads of his bowling and Sree Santh charged to the strikers end and eye-balled Haddin without any reason and that's when Symonds got involved.
Unless Indians prepare a dust-bowl of a track i can't see Powar or Harbhajan being successful against the Aussies, because the Aussies play spin so well and TBH they have destroyed far better spinners than them.
India's best bet is to prepare pitches with good bounce and carry, i know that would give a distinct advantage to Aussies because their bowlers would exploit those conditions very well, but atleast that would also provide some assistance to the likes of Zaheer, RP, Pathan and Sree Santh.
Its highly unlikely that the Indian spinners would win them a game on their current form, so there is no harm in making fast-bowling friendly tracks, and since India has so many great batsmen in their line-up shouldn't they be able to handle the Australian bowling line-up even on a bowler friendly track!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sree Santh appealing for a run-out against Symonds was really a childish thing to do, and yeah i agree with you honestbharani that Symonds is no saint himself, but mate don't you think it was Sree Santh who started all that trash-talk when the ball hit Haddin on his pads of his bowling and Sree Santh charged to the strikers end and eye-balled Haddin without any reason and that's when Symonds got involved.
Unless Indians prepare a dust-bowl of a track i can't see Powar or Harbhajan being successful against the Aussies, because the Aussies play spin so well and TBH they have destroyed far better spinners than them.
India's best bet is to prepare pitches with good bounce and carry, i know that would give a distinct advantage to Aussies because their bowlers would exploit those conditions very well, but atleast that would also provide some assistance to the likes of Zaheer, RP, Pathan and Sree Santh.
Its highly unlikely that the Indian spinners would win them a game on their current form, so there is no harm in making fast-bowling friendly tracks, and since India has so many great batsmen in their line-up shouldn't they be able to handle the Australian bowling line-up even on a bowler friendly track!
The incident I mentioned happened an over or two before the Haddin incident. And I don't think Sree started anything with Haddin either but that is up for debate as there is no clear pic of what happened. I remember Sree running after the ball stopping his appeal half way and then he picked up the ball, but after that I really couldn't make out who said the first words in their trash talk but it was obvious something was said and it ended up with Sree again appealing for that lbw, which was quite stupid on his part. It is ok to appeal again once but to keep appealing after that when the ump had clearly said no was just plain stupid.

But I have absolutely 0% doubt that Symonds said something to Sree first, unless Sree had something to Symonds which didn't get on the cameras or it got on and the stupid Doordarshan ppl were showing ads at that time.

hardnut

Cricket Spectator
I remember Sree running after the ball stopping his appeal half way and then he picked up the ball, but after that I really couldn't make out who said the first words in their trash talk but it was obvious something was said and it ended up with Sree again appealing for that lbw, which was quite stupid on his part. It is ok to appeal again once but to keep appealing after that when the ump had clearly said no was just plain stupid.
Is this in addition to that unsportsmanlike appeal for a run out he made?

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain
In every third match SreeSanth is involved in some dispute, he contnues to make headlines for all the wrong reasons.I think its time for him to grow up and put all his effort into his bowling.

Perm

Gilly said a better team wins an Odi game more or less on every occasion, he was trying to say that a team which plays better cricket on that given day more or less wins an Odi game.
Its definitely not the case with a T20 hand though, T20 WC final is one of the prime examples of that where Pakistan probably played better cricket than India through 70% of the game but in the end India still managed to pull off the victory.
If Gilly was having a dig at the Indian team then TBH i think the Indian team asking for it, their whole attitude has changed since the T20 WC win (it seems like the win has gone to their heads) their on-field behaviour has been really pathetic and they deserve whatever they get.
FFS this has to be one of the worsts posts ever.

social

In every third match SreeSanth is involved in some dispute, he contnues to make headlines for all the wrong reasons.I think its time for him to grow up and put all his effort into his bowling.
Exactly

Irrelevant who started what, Aussies did nothing abnormal and once again Sreesanth completely lost the plot

The guy has gone from entertaining to complete jackass in a very short space of time.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Exactly

Irrelevant who started what, Aussies did nothing abnormal and once again Sreesanth completely lost the plot

The guy has gone from entertaining to complete jackass in a very short space of time.
Dhoni is right in saying "he will be banned for a game and will come to his senses"

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Exactly

I dunno abt others but I am not trying to defend Sree's actions at all. They were quite pathetic but so was Symonds'. And I, for one, at least don't find why how Sree reacted when getting Symonds' wicket was abnormal... I have seen it happen hundreds of times in the past. Bowlers giving batsmen who have been dismissed a bit of a send off happens all the time.

The_Bunny

State Regular
I dunno abt others but I am not trying to defend Sree's actions at all. They were quite pathetic but so was Symonds'. And I, for one, at least don't find why how Sree reacted when getting Symonds' wicket was abnormal... I have seen it happen hundreds of times in the past. Bowlers giving batsmen who have been dismissed a bit of a send off happens all the time.
Symonds didnt really do anything and we can only speculate on what he said, unless you know what he was saying, do you?