• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
y isnt Dhoni hitting out? whats to lose?
What's there to gain? No harm in batting it out and getting some practice, as well as a nice, shiny not out at the end of the day.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Oh... Sree Santh gets hit on the head by a shot from Dhoni, that helmet saved his ass there for sure.

pup11

International Coach
Its all over and a comprehensive victory for the Aussies and that too with Ponting and Bracken still sitting on the bench!!

pup11

International Coach
Who should be the MOM today?? I think Haddin deserves to get it, he played a superb knock.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Yeah, Haddin's been pretty damn good, but I'd go for Symonds for MOM. He stepped up when the Aussie innings could have gone either way and won the game for Australia essentially. Not taking away from Haddin.

RE: the niggle - nobody would believe Australia weren't saying plenty out there, but the Indians today did seem to be at least as vocal. Unfortunately for all concerned there were three incidents that went a bit beyond acceptable behaviour to varying extents: Gilchrist's chastisement of the umpire (whether the ump was wrong or not is irrelevant), Sreesanth's carry on so close to Symonds when he got him out, and Harby's bat pointing. Essentially my view is that talk is one thing, anything with even the suggestion of getting physical is another.

Symonds was clearly talking to Sreesanth on his way out, but I thought Sreesanth made a bit of a doofus of himself - ok you're excited to get a wicket - maybe because you've gone for 1/50 off your first seven overs and Australia are now in the box seat? In that circumstance I don't think you can act like its a great victory to get a guy who is doing the team thing and going for the maximum in the last few overs, especially when that guy has been the principle architect of the batting performance. Also you look foolish acting like your trying to puff your chest up to a guy twice your size who could probably snap you in half if you actually annoyed him. Coming at a batsman like that as a send off has got lots of bowlers in trouble before, and I would think with his suspended sentence Sreesanth would want to be a bit smarter than that.

The Harby bat thing annoyed me and I think he should get fined. Obviously he was annoyed about something that was said, but basically after getting out he walked towards the opposition players with his bat raised. Fortunately Bucknor grabbed him and physically pointed him towards the pavillion but that kind of thing is really dumb and I actually don't think any level of verbal abuse justifies it.

Gilchrist could I suppose ask the umpire about the no ball, but was way too aggressive in his demeanour doing so. I expect him to get fined, and I don't think he can really complain if he does. That said, between the Clarke stumping and that no-ball call, that umpire had a few poor moments - which in no way justifies Gilchrist publicly being rude to him.

Overall very good win by the Aussies, very solid with even contributions. Symonds getting a decent innings in is a real plus, as is Clarke's bowling and Haddin's continued success. I think India need to drop Powar - he's bowled 11 overs in 2 matches and been too easy to score off.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Hahaha... Gilly is having a press conference right atm and when he was asked what he thinks about today's game he said he saw some very aggressive stuff from both the teams, some things were said between certain individuals and he saw certain things that he won't even expect his son Harrison to do while playing backyard cricket at home.

howardj

International Coach
Disappointed with Gilly's carry-on after that incorrect no-ball call by the umpire. He's a top bloke Gilly, but he was way over the top in this instance.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Didn't watch any of the game. Looks like another solid mid-innings recovery for Australia. India have to fix this up pronto, and bowl better in the middle overs.