• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Woss that supposed to mean? :dontgetit You don't understand my question, or you don't care to answer it?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, where did I say "Those are the figures Heal will have for Australia"? My original post was in jest because I know he won't be selected. He has the potential and ability to succeed, as is being discussed in another thread.

Main point - Australia will probably take a young spinner or two to India.

EDIT: And to be completely clear, 'Rah statistics' meant statistics don't tell the whole story.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Looking at the way the Indians are playing against the English odi side i won't be suprised if they get destroyed by the Aussies, Indians have been playing non-stop cricket for some time now and they don't even have much breathing space between the English odi series- T20 World championship- and the Australian odi series and on the other hand it would be Australia's first odi series since the world cup so they would be all fired up to kick-start the new season in blazing fashion.
BTW, which channel is gonna show this series in India.
They will give themselves far more of a chance if they settle on the balance of their side as it seems to change every game atm, really need to find a bowler capable of batting 7, Power's FC stats look more than handy but he's looked like a goose with the bat so far in ODI's, whats Joginder Sharma like with the bat, any better than Powar ?

And I dont think things are as hopeless as their performance in this series makes them look, I've liked the look of the Indian bowling particularly the two tweakers they compliment each other well, and if they can repeat this performance against Australia and a few other things go their way who knows.

This might sound stupid but I think the conditions in England may actually suit Powar and Chawla better than at home in India.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, where did I say "Those are the figures Heal will have for Australia"? My original post was in jest because I know he won't be selected. He has the potential and ability to succeed, as is being discussed in another thread.

Main point - Australia will probably take a young spinner or two to India.

EDIT: And to be completely clear, 'Rah statistics' meant statistics don't tell the whole story.
Yeah, I know what you meant, was just joshing - ie, statistics are often said "not to tell the whole story" at domestic level but usually to do so at international. :p

So, if Heal - with his average record to date - were to be selected for Australia and perform similarly - stats would matter, despite supposedly not doing at the domestic level.

biased indian

International Coach
Sat 29
14:30 local, 09:00 GMT 1st ODI - India v Australia
M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore

October 2007
Tue 2
09:00 local, 03:30 GMT 2nd ODI - India v Australia
Nehru Stadium, Kochi

Fri 5
09:00 local, 03:30 GMT 3rd ODI - India v Australia
Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Uppal, Hyderabad

Mon 8
09:00 local, 03:30 GMT 4th ODI - India v Australia
Sector 16 Stadium, Chandigarh

Thu 11
09:00 local, 03:30 GMT 5th ODI - India v Australia
I.P.C.L. Sports Complex Ground, Vadodara

Sun 14
09:00 local, 03:30 GMT 6th ODI - India v Australia
Vidarbha C.A. Ground, Nagpur

Wed 17
14:30 local, 09:00 GMT 7th ODI - India v Australia
Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai

Sat 20 Only Twenty20 International - India v Australia
Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai

With first game 10 days away and the indian squad being selected today........
thoughts ????

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
Hopefully Australia plays them in the semis, then we can get a better look at it.

I am thinking Australia 5-2

adharcric

International Coach
Preferred India Squad

MS Dhoni (c), Y Singh (vc), S Ganguly, S Tendulkar, R Dravid, R Uthappa, G Gambhir*, D Karthik*, Z Khan, RP Singh, I Pathan, S Sreesanth*, R Powar, P Chawla

The asterisked players would miss out if better options arise. Sharma, Badrinath and Agarkar (...) have an outside shot.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Can't wait - proper cricket.

Aussies in a transitional phase - the Indians might even win a match. :p

sideshowtim

Banned
Can't wait - proper cricket.

Aussies in a transitional phase - the Indians might even win a match. :p
Transitional? Not so much in ODI's. We're only losing Pidge, and Lee is coming back. who you could argue is just as effective as Pidge in One Day cricket. Even Hilfy might come in.

Let's go Aussies!

biased indian

International Coach
India one-day squad
Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt) ,Yuvraj Singh (vice-captain), Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, Dinesh Karthik, Gautam Gambhir, Robin Uthappa, Irfan Pathan, Ramesh Powar, Piyush Chawla, RP Singh, Zaheer Khan, Sreesanth, Harbhajan Singh

thank god agarkar is not in the team

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Yes. very disappointing to see Sehwag out.

Rohit Sharma out without a game.:dry: