• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ah k, might have been your phrasing or my idiocy. :) Would say England are better at home anyway, though I guess they've been good away of late.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That's a rubbish reason. Test match pressure is Test match pressure. You think Sri Lanka try harder because they are defending 400 instead of 300? What about all those times when Australia bats first? So every Australian batsman should be marked down for playing in a good side?
When the question is about an individual batsman, yes, these things should be taken into account. If Sri Lanka have 250 on board rather than 400, there will be lesser men around the bat and therefore, lesser pressure. Same when Australia bat first and get off to a good start.... You seriously think Ponting faced the same pressure as Lara did when facing Murali? I don't think so.......

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yup, and there is also the pressure of winning. Australian public is usually shocked anytime they lose a single Test match, and the players have some mightily huge expectations to live up to. If anyone loses in Australia, well it's not a big deal because that's what happens to every side. There is less pressure to win, because you know you probably won't anyway, and no one expects you to. So you can play freely, and if you can pull off an upset, you'll be a hero.

On the other hand, Australia pretty much cannot lose at home. If they beat someone 4-0, it's just another series down under...but if they lose a series at home 2-1...well everyone and their mother will talk about how it signifies the end of an era and how Australia are going to be in the dumps and people will want to sack Ponting, etc.

It's like the hockey game between US-USSR in 1980. The USSR had all the pressure. They wouldn't really surprise anyone or win any accolades if they won, but losing was unthinkable.
What pressure? Before the 2003/04 tour, Australia had lost to Sri Lanka in their earlier tour in tests...... So that means Sri Lanka were the ones under pressure, right? And if you did see that series, you will see that Sri Lanka seemed to be the more uptight ones, just like Australi were in India in 2001 and just like India were against Australia in 2004 in India...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ah k, might have been your phrasing or my idiocy. :) Would say England are better at home anyway, though I guess they've been good away of late.
He meant England were a better touring side than India; not that England were better away than they were at home.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
It'll be a dead set massive effort if either team wins the upcoming four Test series 5-0.

Do I take your first sentence to mean that, after Australia's convincing win in the ODI series, and India's victory in the one off T20 match, you consider that Australia and India finished the tour with honours even?
Its not India's fault that there was just one 20/20 match.Even if there had been a series India would have won the series by a wide margin simply because India are way better in this format of cricket.

As for tour, its still not over yet, i do acknowledge that Aus have the best test team in the world, however on Indian playing conditions, India are more than likely to emerge victorious in the test series.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
I'll willing to go on the record and tip 4-0 to Australia for the coming tour.

For that to happen, Aus will have to recall Steven Waugh from retirement, bring back Bradman from his grave, and also bring back McGrath and most importantly pray to Christ that India's spin Gods somehow fail to mesemerize Oz batsmen.

pasag

RTDAS
As for tour, its still not over yet, i do acknowledge that Aus have the best test team in the world, however on Indian playing conditions, India are more than likely to emerge victorious in the test series.
Nah it is. The Tests are in Australia.

speedy

Cricket Spectator
Sreesanth is one mad indian!

Just needs to calm down a bit and let the bowling do the talking. As if its not embarassing enough to lose after all that he gives to the opposition.