• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

Laurrz

International Debutant
The way this pitch is breaking now and the way the ball is spinning and bouncing one can't help but think that a score around the region of 250 would have been really hard for the Aussies to chase.
So lots of credit needs to go to the way the Aussie new ball bowlers bowled, they decided the fate of the game in the 1st hour itself and after that India had no chance to recover.
the weird thing is that we beat them by playing un-subcontinental cricket.. if that makes sense.. the two bowlers that won it for once bowled very fast

Laurrz

International Debutant
Mitch has just played himself into a Test debut at the Gabba next month - well done son. Make the most of it. :)
yep, and im pretty happy about that

and he'll be playing with his home crowd too.. he knows the Gabba very well! Uses the short ball so well

Lee Johnson Clark is a top fast bowling attack

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Shameful. Absolutely disgraceful
Disgraceful, no doubt. But how is making monkey noises = racism? Didn't like all races come from monkeys, according to Darwin's theory?

serious question, guys... I am sure it is disgusting and it should not be repeated but how can it be construed as racism?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Disgraceful, no doubt. But how is making monkey noises = racism? Didn't like all races come from monkeys, according to Darwin's theory?

serious question, guys... I am sure it is disgusting and it should not be repeated but how can it be construed as racism?
I've heard black people referred to as monkeys before and IMO it is more racist than many supposedly obvious racist taunts such as "black ****" for example. It implies that the race in question is lower down the evolutionary chain so to speak, and closer to being monkey than human. Very poor taste.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member

Well we know of Symond's native origins so ..... people are going to infer.

How come the Symonds and the darker players of South Africa are targetted ? WE can easily take the defense that this wasn't rascism but how else to know what is rascism unless someone uses specific words.

I am not talking here only of Indian crowds.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year

They did, but the monkey noise is always directed toward black people, the implication being that they are less evolved and closer to the apes than those of other ethnicities.

iamdavid

International Debutant
For some reason I never noticed before today but Johnson actually has a very strong physique lol....I always thought he was slim like a Brett Lee or Gillespie but he's actually more in the build of Symonds or Watson.
Not that its relevant at all lol

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
What the hell? I'd rather see empty stadiums than this crap. Completely unacceptable. Next time, the police should be told to charge in and rifle butt anyone remotely responsible. Complete and utter fools. The hosting board needs to apologize, and the venue needs to be put on probation, so that if it happens again there, their ability to host matches is suspended. When the incentive is losing your main source of income, I'm sure they'll come up with creative ways to stop this crap.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well we know of Symond's native origins so ..... people are going to infer.

How come the Symonds and the darker players of South Africa are targetted ? WE can easily take the defense that this wasn't rascism but how else to know what is rascism unless someone uses specific words.

I am not talking here only of Indian crowds.
well, first of all thanks to Sean, yourself and Prince... I now get the idea.

But I am really shocked that a crowd in India knows about these things. I don't know... I guess we will never know unless we were there, but my gut feeling says that they were just calling him monkey etc. as we always do with someone. I mean, didn't Miandad once make fun of Kiran More by calling him monkey?

Please don't get the wrong idea here, guys... I think it should be nipped in the bud here if it was racism, but I just think we should not lose sight of the alternative, as Sherlock Holmes would put it. :)

But honestly, even if it wasn't done with racist intent, it should be cut down as it is very cheap and is in extremely poor taste. And if it was racist, well then, we have one more addition to the ills in Indian society.... :(

Hope the authorities take necessary action.

pasag

RTDAS
well, first of all thanks to Sean, yourself and Prince... I now get the idea.

But I am really shocked that a crowd in India knows about these things. I don't know... I guess we will never know unless we were there, but my gut feeling says that they were just calling him monkey etc. as we always do with someone. I mean, didn't Miandad once make fun of Kiran More by calling him monkey?

Please don't get the wrong idea here, guys... I think it should be nipped in the bud here if it was racism, but I just think we should not lose sight of the alternative, as Sherlock Holmes would put it. :)

But honestly, even if it wasn't done with racist intent, it should be cut down as it is very cheap and is in extremely poor taste. And if it was racist, well then, we have one more addition to the ills in Indian society.... :(

Hope the authorities take necessary action.
I'm sure Indians themselves would have been subject to the exact same abuse in the past which makes it so much worse (and ironic).