• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2007/08

brockley

International Captain
Thought i'd start it up 2 weeks away.
Damenin wright,darren lehman,martin love and shane harwood will miss the start of the season with injuries,harwoods' could be long term maybe the season.
WA touring india doing quite well.
NSW played some of their side in the instutute cup and are now playing the state league,ACT is doing very badly BTW.
Qld had their city country game.
Grade starts in a week or so in NSW and QLD.
Tassie having trials.:cool:
Vusil sibanda joins stegorge as well as grame rummans.

Last edited:

sideshowtim

Banned
Just a side note. It won't be called the Ford Ranger Cup this year. Ford Ranger ended their sponsorship deal. It should have a new name soon.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
What I'm going to find interesting is to see out of this list who gets selected for Australian sides.

QLD - Johnson, Symonds, Watson
NSW - Jaques
WA - Rogers
TAS - Hilfenhaus
SA - Tait
VIC - Hodge

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So who are the players to watch exclusing the obvious names written above?

Who I would like to see do well
QLD - Ryan Broad, Chris Hartley
NSW - Moises Henriques, Ed Cowan
TAS - Travis Burt, Daniel Dawson
SA - Dan Cullen, Mark Cosgrove
WA - Luke Ronchi, Luke Pomersbach
VIC - Michael Klinger, Dave Hussey.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I thought domestic season was State Cricket.
It's not. It's any cricket played seriously, organised within the country. I play domestic cricket. At a very low level, yes, but it is still domestic cricket. Anything that isn't an international fixture qualifies.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How bad is the rain? From what I've heard Brendon Drew has a bit of potential, that true?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Man QLD suck - but that's what happens with all these bits and pieces cricketers.

I'll be happy when Hopes sures up the batting and bowling, oh and Watto too for a few games.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm so sick of the Queensland selectors. They undoubtedly favour University over the other clubs but they can't even get that right. Buchanan instead of Stevens? What a joke.

I don't know what more they expect Steven Paulsen to do and why would Broad be picked ahead of Kruger?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
How bad is the rain? From what I've heard Brendon Drew has a bit of potential, that true?
Potential to be FC standard yes, potential to Test/ODI standard no. Would I like him to be back in playing for NSW. Yes cus we would have a decent bowler who wont get picked for Australia, so he can play every game.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm so sick of the Queensland selectors. They undoubtedly favour University over the other clubs but they can't even get that right. Buchanan instead of Stevens? What a joke.

I don't know what more they expect Steven Paulsen to do and why would Broad be picked ahead of Kruger?

Yes Kruger should play the one dayers and Broad the four dayers.