• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2007/08

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'd say he should be at 4 coming back from a long term injury spell.

I doubt he honestly thinks he can take Hayden's spot long term and continue to bowl. Rogers will take Hayden's spot and I have no doubt about that.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Marsh and Pommersbash have been suspended indefinitely for an 'alcohol-related breach of the team rules' in the run up to the games in Adelaide. Leaves a bit of a hole in the batting for WA as they're both in form. Good young players too.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd say he should be at 4 coming back from a long term injury spell.

I doubt he honestly thinks he can take Hayden's spot long term and continue to bowl. Rogers will take Hayden's spot and I have no doubt about that.
I think he thinks he can take Hayden's spot. I reckon he thinks it's his only realistic hope for tests in the forseeable future, rightly or wrongly.

sideshowtim

Banned
Marsh and Pommersbash have been suspended indefinitely for an 'alcohol-related breach of the team rules' in the run up to the games in Adelaide. Leaves a bit of a hole in the batting for WA as they're both in form. Good young players too.
Yeah, Pomers is a reputed pisshead. Disappointing really. However I feel cricket boards are too harsh on petty crap these days.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
How many times has this been for Pomers? Four?

****s sake - for all the talent he has he should be stamping this **** out and putting his name up for A team selection at the very least.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Symond's doesn't have much of a chance to play before the Indian Test series, then Noffke should come straight in for him.

What's Watto doing?
Noffke's definitely more of a bowler though, while Symonds is more of a batsman. It'd strengthen the bowling, definitely, but with Lee-Clark-Johnson-Noffke-Spinner, you'd struggle to give them all enough overs.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Noffke's definitely more of a bowler though, while Symonds is more of a batsman. It'd strengthen the bowling, definitely, but with Lee-Clark-Johnson-Noffke-Spinner, you'd struggle to give them all enough overs.
Well Noffke has done his hamstring now too.

pasag

RTDAS
Pretty sad reading this thread over the past 10 pages, goes something like - 'Noffke's gun', 'Noffke's gun', 'Noffke's gun', 'Noffke's gun', 'Noffke might make the Test side', 'Noffke's done his hamstring'. :(

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:laugh: :laugh: Cracks emerging for team Stephen.. I have Marsh, he'll come good.

Not good for the pair at all, they've been the best bats all year for WA.
Yeah. Just wish I could sub them out beforehand. Oh well, Nye has had a good run and he's my 12th. Still kicking myself for not picking a captain round one
:oops:

Olwe

School Boy/Girl Captain
how do you rate Matthew Nicholson, as he played for surrey last year and i found him ok, but i have seen a lot better players for surrey?

iamdavid

International Debutant
how do you rate Matthew Nicholson, as he played for surrey last year and i found him ok, but i have seen a lot better players for surrey?
Yeah he's good...but as you say there are plenty better.

Seamer who hits the deck hard and in his younger days was very sharp, decent bat and apparently pretty highly thought of as a leader.