• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2007/08

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So who are the players to watch exclusing the obvious names written above?

Who I would like to see do well
QLD - Ryan Broad, Chris Hartley
NSW - Moises Henriques, Ed Cowan
TAS - Travis Burt, Daniel Dawson
SA - Dan Cullen, Mark Cosgrove
WA - Luke Ronchi, Luke Pomersbach
VIC - Michael Klinger, Dave Hussey.
NSW, Moises Henriques, Nathan Hauritz
TAS - Tim Paine, Luke Butterworth
SA - Cullen Bailey, Callum Ferguson
WA - Aaron Heal, Sean Marsh
VIC - Aiden (or is it Aaron?) Blizzard, Matthew Wade

Shocker of a start from the Bulls. However, I'm glad to see Paine get off to a good start to the season for Tassy, rate him highly.

Last edited:

iamdavid

International Debutant
So who are the players to watch exclusing the obvious names written above?

Who I would like to see do well
NSW - Moises Henriques, Ed Cowan
TAS - Travis Burt, Daniel Dawson
SA - Dan Cullen, Mark Cosgrove
WA - Luke Ronchi, Luke Pomersbach
VIC - Michael Klinger, Dave Hussey.
It's David Dawson lol, I'd add George Bailey to that list for starters, over the last couple of years he's established himself as an important member of that Tasmanian four day side and I think this might be the year when he really takes his game to another level, dominates and puts his name before Australian selectors, Allan Border has said the same thing.
Look out for Mark Divin if he cracks into the Tassie side aswell.

And I've given up on Klinger unfortunately :mellow: ...he's been one of the 'players to keep an eye out for' since about 2000/01 yet he's never truly established himself and done himself justice, I know he had a great one day season last year but his Pura Cup form was still iffy and he was in and out of the side, still a wonderful player to watch but Ive all but given up hope he'll ever play for Australia.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It's David Dawson lol, I'd add George Bailey to that list for starters, over the last couple of years he's established himself as an important member of that Tasmanian four day side and I think this might be the year when he really takes his game to another level, dominates and puts his name before Australian selectors, Allan Border has said the same thing.
Look out for Mark Divin if he cracks into the Tassie side aswell.
Divin played today.. Made 41 hit 3 sixers and took a wicket in his first over. I don't know why I picked David Dawson (I have a mate called Daniel Dawson btw) but yeah Bailey, Burt and Paine all have talent.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yes LOL. I'm always spelling it Burt as in Luke Burt as he was in my fantasy NRL sides. FFS I'll have to work on my spelling.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Divin played today.. Made 41 hit 3 sixers and took a wicket in his first over. I don't know why I picked David Dawson (I have a mate called Daniel Dawson btw) but yeah Bailey, Burt and Paine all have talent.
David's good aswell, he was an ACT junior and absolutely dominated Canberra grade cricket and our CA Cup side, clearly has the talent to make something of himself and he's still only 25 or 26 I think.

iamdavid

International Debutant
NSW played some of their side in the instutute cup and are now playing the state league,ACT is doing very badly BTW..
Lol I've spoken to some of the guys and they say the standard in the SL has been very high, much tougher than the Institute challenge and just about as intense as the Cricket Australia cup.
Spose it reflects very well on Sydney grade cricket.

Mister Wright

Can't believe I made the effort to head out to the game today after work. The game was painstakingly slow, although all bowlers did bowl really well, but in saying that it wasn't like the batsmen were trying anything.

Sullivan looks very good, is surprisingly quick and bowls a good length. Noffke was spectacular. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets higher honours somtime this season, but will need for things to go his way and stay in form (which has been is problem in the past).

The batting from QLD was terrible. Nothing positive to say at all.

pasag

RTDAS
Can't believe I made the effort to head out to the game today after work. The game was painstakingly slow, although all bowlers did bowl really well, but in saying that it wasn't like the batsmen were trying anything.

Sullivan looks very good, is surprisingly quick and bowls a good length. Noffke was spectacular. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets higher honours somtime this season, but will need for things to go his way and stay in form (which has been is problem in the past).

The batting from QLD was terrible. Nothing positive to say at all.
Wet much?

brockley

International Captain
Good win by tas,qld batting suckful,sullivan should play above bichel or kasperowicz he has potential and they are too old,qld need a yuouth policy badly.
Daryl tuffeu to play grade cricket for sutherland rather than play the nz domestic comp,exciting times.

sideshowtim

Banned
Anyone catch Tim Paine's innings?

I thought it was excellent. Such a mature, calculated and fluent innings from such a young man. And especially given the conditions, which were very bowler friendly. Averages on 40 in his short One Day Domestic career...Great to know we have guys like him coming through the ranks.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Anyone catch Tim Paine's innings?

I thought it was excellent. Such a mature, calculated and fluent innings from such a young man. And especially given the conditions, which were very bowler friendly. Averages on 40 in his short One Day Domestic career...Great to know we have guys like him coming through the ranks.
Yep, really impressive. He seems quite a complete batsman - very good defensive technique and off stump judgement backed up with a vast array of attacking shots and, most importantly, a great temperament. He also kept very well.

Mister Wright

Qld have turned the tables on Tasmania (the defending champions) in the Pura Cup game that started today. Tasmania bowled out for 158, with Noffke continuing his impressive early season form with 20.7.5.33, and Swan and Cutting (on debut) grabbing 2 each.

Queensland's new openening pair in Moller and Broad are currently 0/97 with Moller on 51and Broad on 44. Great start so far.

W.A. & N.S.W. playing each other in the Ford Ranger Cup with W.A. 2/112 (20.2) Ronchi just brought up his 50.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Western Australia are my early tips to win the One Day Comp.

There batting lineup excites me and I don't think there bowling is as bad as others suggest.