• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nathan Bracken

Andre

International Regular
Not sure he's really done enough to be where he is in Australian cricket. Doesn't do too much with the ball, never really takes a bagful and is certainly not the tightest of bowlers around..

I'd think some guys like Noffke/S Clark deserve more of a chance than Nathan.

Thoughts?

sean

School Boy/Girl Captain
Noffke is very unlucky to miss out ... but did he still have the finger injury when the squad was named?

Andre

International Regular
Yeah, he might have, but if they were serious about him they would have drafted him in for McGrath in tomorrow's game because he is fit again apparently.

Eclipse

International Debutant
At times he is devistating and I dont know why but he has a Domestic One Day hatrick and seems to be a player that when he gets his action right can be really damaging.

His action needs sorting out but when he gets it righ he can swing the ball not alot but what he does get comes extremly late and thats why he can be dangerus.

Also the fact that hes a left armer counts alot for him. I think he has alot of potential and can improve alot he seems to have days were he is just outstanding and others were he is just avrage.

He is an exellent bowler at the death as well his yorkers are really good and really jam the batsman up.

Andre

International Regular
Personally I think that Mathew Inness is a better left-armer than Bracken. Also, young Michael Clark looks a good bowler, so he doesnt have that much going for him.

Even young Doug Bollinger has looked more dangerous at domestic level this year than Bracken.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Eclipse said:
Also the fact that hes a left armer counts alot for him
Please don't tell me the mighty Aussies have resorted to picking players because of thier handedness?! :lol:

Eclipse

International Debutant
Andre said:
Personally I think that Mathew Inness is a better left-armer than Bracken. Also, young Michael Clark looks a good bowler, so he doesnt have that much going for him.

Even young Doug Bollinger has looked more dangerous at domestic level this year than Bracken.
Well Inness may be good at FC cricket but have you seen his One day stats there pritty ordanary.

If this were test cricket then Inness would have a better chance.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Andre said:
Erm, can't see Mullally having ever been capped by us. Unlike some....
For a spell, Mullally was a great ODI bowler (wasn't he in the top 5 for a time?)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
For a spell, Mullally was a great ODI bowler (wasn't he in the top 5 for a time?)
Actually I am not quite sure why he was dropped, an average of 27 with the ball and an econ of under 4 an over is superb. He and Ealham used to tie up the runs mid-innings, a job now done by Harmison and Irani who keep going for 5 an over...:rolleyes:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes, I was always a Mullally fan myself. He sorta reminded me of Virgil from 'the Thunderbirds'...but that's beside the point. He's a fine bowler and a brilliant batsman...ok maybe not but he is a fine bolwer.

Ealham too is one of the better ODI players England has produced. He kept it tight, took valuable wickets and could score the odd run for you.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Ealham too is one of the better ODI players England has produced. He kept it tight, took valuable wickets and could score the odd run for you.
I see him as a similer player to Ian Harvey, both have similer averages in both batting and bowling. Also they were both dropped for not scoring enough runs and taking enough Wickets despite keeping it tight.

Mr Mxyzptlk

IMO, economy is more important than wickets in limited overs cricket...unless you're defending 140 odd.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Less than 50...not sure exactly how many...then again, Tendulkar did drag the ball back onto his stumps from a foot outside so....

Simon

Eclipse said:
Well he has not let anyone down so far Brakken has 3/20 of seven overs.
And bowling very well may I add.
Beat hussain with a good slower ball and got knight and Tresco to play bad shots.