• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nathan Bracken

Eclipse

International Debutant
viewnut said:
bracken is pathetic full stop. his action will never be fixed unless he spends a winter with both wasim akram and dklillee, and totally remodles it. his arms need to be higher and moved around more for him to be even able to remotely swing ball back into right-handers. atm, he is in line to develop a stress fracture in back cause his action becomes mixed. as for inness, from what i have seen of him, he is as worse as bracken he doesnt swing it into right handers either. he gets alot of his wickets caught behind wicket by virtue that he bowls ball accross right handers, and the angle annoys the hell out of them. bollinger is a far more threatening bowler than either of them swinging the ball back into right-handers(when he can keep his foot behind the line).

IMO, bracken should go back to balmain 5th grade, bollinger open bowling for nsw, and nsw development squad try and find a decent young left armer and develop him from young age if they want variety. either that or clone bruce reid and wasim akram into some sort of super left armer lol.
I more or less agree with all of that.

Inness does not swing the ball but he does bowl a bit faster than Bracken and does hit the pitch hard and seam's it.

Bollinger would be a great bowler if he did not bowl so many no-balls and could maintain some accuracy. He sure looked fairly quick and could get some deffinate movment.

Shaun Tait is the bowler who impresses me the most of all the young one's around Australia he is really quick and swing's the ball plenty and late as well. He is still along way off national selection though if you ask me just a little to raw still need's to work on his action and controll.

Craig

World Traveller
Mark Cleary has potential. Although I think he is more earning a name as one who can bat. I wouldnt be surprised if he has a Grade century or two to his name.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Craig said:
Mark Cleary has potential. Although I think he is more earning a name as one who can bat. I wouldnt be surprised if he has a Grade century or two to his name.
did u see the aust a Zimbabwe game??

Tait and Cleary both bowled fairly well particuarly tait early on the batsman could not lay bat on him.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Andre said:
Erm, can't see Mullally having ever been capped by us. Unlike some....
There is a reason why he was in the top 3 ODI bowlers for a period of time, and it's not because he's rubbish ;)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Eclipse said:
Bollinger would be a great bowler if he did not bowl so many no-balls and could maintain some accuracy
So would everyone! Myself included (though only when bowling pace) :lol:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
There is a reason why he was in the top 3 ODI bowlers for a period of time, and it's not because he's rubbish ;)
I seem to remember he had a period when he was particularly economical.