• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Links You May Want To Share

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Off anf on one keeps coming across some really nice cricket related news/link etc. I am sure others do to. I thought we mightas well have a place to share such links.

I came across on the BBCsite that you can actually download face masks of cricketers and then print them to make cutouts you maywant to wear at cricket matches.

Here it is

One of the masks : Monty

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Cricket321 Another stats site, but it gives an breakdown of runs scored in each batting postion without recourse to statsguru a la cricinfo, which is nice if, like me, you're very lazy.

Chubb

International Regular
http://www.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/NATIONAL/ZIM/NEWSLETTER/

When Wisden and Cricinfo merged, they stopped publishing this online magazine, which used to have really interesting articles on cricket in Zimbabwe. You used to be able to email the editor, John Ward, who is Zimbabwe's leading cricket journo. Without this, I wouodn't know half as much about cricket in Zimbabwe as I do. I reckon John Ward and his team deserve more recognition for their efforts than they got.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Cricket Europe, an excellent site an all things cricket in Europe. Has some gun photos as well.
Turning into the best site to find info about Associate and Affiliate sides. I found their rankings thing interesting.

Code:
Ranking Country  Points  Positional Change  
1 Kenya 157 3143 20 
2 Ireland 138 3165 23 
3 Scotland 137 3019 22 
4 Netherlands 137 2741 20 
5 Canada 121 2292 19 
6 UAE 120 1200 10 
7 Uganda 119 1782 15 
8 Denmark 117 1170 10 
9 Namibia 116 1160 10 
10 Jersey 112 1347 12 
11 USA 112 1120 10 
12 Bermuda 111 1884 17 
13 Cayman Islands 111 1659 15 
14 Norway 110 1100 10 
15 Afghanistan 106 1060 10 
16 Hong Kong 105 1582 15 
17 Italy 104 1764 17 
18 Papua New Guinea 103 1550 15 
19 Nepal 98 980 10 
20 Germany 98 980 10
Fairly accurate when you think about it. It screwed by the fact that Namibia schedule is dominated by matches against South African provincial sides, so they haven't played many games against International sides. Denmark also affected by the fact majority of their matches are against Ireland, Scotland and Holland. Both are probably higher then Uganda, but they improved heaps.

Jersey seem to be claiming pretty fast, but i guess that due to large number of matches European sides play in comparsion to other sides and their recent domination Div Two Europe.

Bermuda and USA falls are pretty much shown up there. As is Nepal lack of games

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
cricketnext.com/is a new site from India. Still early days.

It belongs to a TVChannel group from India which is headed by Rajdeep Sardesai, son of the former Indian test batsman Dilip Sardesai.

Early days yet.

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Prem Panicker's blog, prempanicker.com is quite good. He doesn't write as much about cricket these days, but when he does, he is usually pretty good.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Prem Panicker's blog, prempanicker.com is quite good. He doesn't write as much about cricket these days, but when he does, he is usually pretty good.
Oh.

I didnt know he has a blog. Must look it up.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
There's also these forums, Cricket Net or Cricket Web, called something like that. Some decent people on there tbh, shame there are some real hardcore on it who wreck the place's atmosphere. There's this bloke who bangs on about Bangladeshi cricket to no end, does my head in.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jersey seem to be claiming pretty fast, but i guess that due to large number of matches European sides play in comparsion to other sides and their recent domination Div Two Europe.
Jersey are considered a separate side too? :blink:8-)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There's also these forums, Cricket Net or Cricket Web, called something like that. Some decent people on there tbh, shame there are some real hardcore on it who wreck the place's atmosphere. There's this bloke who bangs on about Bangladeshi cricket to no end, does my head in.
I agree, how he ever got on the staff is beyond me. They said he was just a 14-year-old kid at the time too. How could anyone employ 14-year-olds and expect to be taken seriously?

(Just in case this needs it, a YES, THIS POST WAS IN JEST!!!!!!!!!!! will be placed. George AKA JJ's was also)