• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Replace 20/20 with 2 innings of Unlimited overs over 5 days and its Advantages

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Inspired by this thread. ;)

We should have 2 innings of unlimited overs each which would make the Twenty20s lot more intersting and attract more cricket.

That would be really exciting and would offer a second chance to the batsmen or bowlers who have failed in the first innings. Twenty20s are becoming very boring follwing the same pattern. It would actually be cricket and that's the only way the game can grow - by continuing to be the game and not something else

For those who argue about quick scoring and attacking batting, ODI's are always there

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah and I have no doubt that cricket lovers across the globe will be pleased by the quality of cricket played in this format. ;)

Athlai

Not Terrible
I have specially saved my 1000th CW post for this thread.
And the crowd awaits the moment...

"Dire tbh." :huh:

And the crowd roars.

We should have 2 innings of unlimited overs each which would make the Twenty20s lot more intersting and attract more cricket.

That would be really exciting and would offer a second chance to the batsmen or bowlers who have failed in the first innings. Twenty20s are becoming very boring follwing the same pattern. It would actually be cricket and that's the only way the game can grow - by continuing to be the game and not something else

For those who argue about quick scoring and attacking batting, ODI's are always there
Great Idea TBH:cool: :laugh: :laugh:

Athlai

Not Terrible
You know I've mulled this over for a while now, and you know what? I think it COULD work, potentially. I mean it might seem crazy and be excluding your true cricketing fans but I think it just might catch on.

Needs dancers though.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
And not to mention we'd have to invent new fielding positions behind the batsman. Call them something idiotic like 'slips'.
On a serious note, I thought you liked 20/20? Every post I've seen from you since I started reading CC again has been a complaint about defensive fields and so on. :p

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
On a serious note, I thought you liked 20/20? Every post I've seen from you since I started reading CC again has been a complaint about defensive fields and so on. :p
Nah, I dislike it less than ODI (it's over faster). Hardly 'like' it. Would be happy if all limited overs were banned TBH.

shortpitched713

International Captain

:notworthy

Legend, gun, etc, etc.