• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

More 20 20 Internationals please and Advantages of it

ralph567

Cricket Spectator
It is ridiculous to see Boards organizing only 1 20 20 game every tours. There should be atealst 7 -9 per tour.

20 -20 Matches have the following advantages

1. They are great crowd pullers and we will get guranteed full houses for these games which is great for Sponsors and Advertisers.
2. They provide lots of excitement and there is never a dull moment.
3. It tests the innovative thinking, agility and quick thinking abilities of players.
4. They are over quickly so players and are less stressful who complain of excessive cricket can shut their mouths.
5. Back to back matches can be arranged and organizers can arrange atleast 2 matches in a day to give the crowd a full day's entertainment.
6. Most importantly people do not need to take off from work and can come over to the Cricket after a hard day's work.

Also the National Side should play atleast 50 Twenty 20 games in a year.

jammay123

State 12th Man
far too many matches the max amount of t20 matches should be 3 or possibly 4 for a really long tour. you dont want to oversaturate the t20 games because that has already happened for odi's and some people are getting sick and tired of those now eoo.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
It is ridiculous to see Boards organizing only 1 20 20 game every tours. There should be atealst 7 -9 per tour.

20 -20 Matches have the following advantages

1. They are great crowd pullers and we will get guranteed full houses for these games which is great for Sponsors and Advertisers.
2. They provide lots of excitement and there is never a dull moment.
3. It tests the innovative thinking, agility and quick thinking abilities of players.
4. They are over quickly so players and are less stressful who complain of excessive cricket can shut their mouths.
5. Back to back matches can be arranged and organizers can arrange atleast 2 matches in a day to give the crowd a full day's entertainment.
6. Most importantly people do not need to take off from work and can come over to the Cricket after a hard day's work.

Also the National Side should play atleast 50 Twenty 20 games in a year.
:kicking:

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
10-20 a year would be a lot more reasonable a goal but I honestly can't see that happening anytime soon.

iamdavid

International Debutant
We're already seeing twenty20 overkill, one game a summer would be great for sponsors and full houses and to stir up interest in an upcoming series and attract new followers to the game, and it would not kill the novelty value. Teams playing 3 or 4 games per year, would be great.
When twenty20 first came about I really hoped the boards would use it in that fashion, however unfortunately the lure of big crowds and bucks appears to have gone to their heads and we'll soon be seeing international sides playing 20+ games a year, which will be a great shame and everyone will get sick of it awfully quickly.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So... what's done now? Precisely that. Until there are more than 8 teams that deserve Test status, only 8 (not 10) teams should get it.

I've said it before - Twenty20 at the international level is virtually pointless, and can ITE probably only do more harm than good. 7 or 9 in 1 tour would be beyond ridiculous.

pup11

International Coach
I think an overdose of T20 would probably kill the fun factor of it, its a new format of the game hence it generates a lot more interest, but if too much of T20 would be played then i don't think it would be generate the same amount of interest.

Two or three T20 matches can be played during a tour and everyone would be happy in that way.

archie mac

International Coach
I think we should have a seperate forum for anything to do with 20/20 :@

To call it cricket is a slur on the word:@ :@ :@