• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ all-rounders

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Man, NZ is stacked with excellent all-rounders:

Jacob Oram
Andre Adams
Chris Cairns
Scott Styris
Kyle Mills
& now today we've seen Matthew Walker enter the equation with some excellent bowling against Auckland
and there's Tama Canning too.

Its just frustrating that we don't have many good young batsmen at the moment although I see Michael Papps is making another good fist of an innings today along with Shanan Stewart.
Rob Nicol got out cheaply today but he looks good at first class level & Tim McIntosh aswell.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well McMillan out cheaply again for 4 against Otago, he really is struggling to command a place in the NZ team now.

The good news is that Shayne O'Connor looks to be bowling really well, 8 overs 1/21 is an excellent start for O'Connor after a year of injury problems.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim said:
Man, NZ is stacked with excellent all-rounders:

Jacob Oram
Andre Adams
Chris Cairns
Scott Styris
Kyle Mills
& now today we've seen Matthew Walker enter the equation with some excellent bowling against Auckland
and there's Tama Canning too.

Its just frustrating that we don't have many good young batsmen at the moment although I see Michael Papps is making another good fist of an innings today along with Shanan Stewart.
Rob Nicol got out cheaply today but he looks good at first class level & Tim McIntosh aswell.
Where do you follow these scores? Also I saw Tim Macintosh against a bowling machine when I was practising at Shifnal where he was playing that season. He was hitting it really cleanly...then he watched me hit 42* off 14 balls in a 16 over (4 per pair) practise game...:D :D :D

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm just as I praise O'Connor, Cairns arrives & blasts three 4's off him. Good signs for Cairns.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim said:
Hmm just as I praise O'Connor, Cairns arrives & blasts three 4's off him. Good signs for Cairns.
Where do you see these scores Tim???

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Wellington/Auckland is on tv
and both games are live on Cricinfo.

McIntosh has averaged 50 this season for Auckland with 2 big centuries. He has been labelled an inconsistent batsman before, but this season he really has batted extremely well on difficult pitches.

The thing I like about McIntosh though is that all his 5 centuries in his career have been above 150 which is good, but his average is only 35 in 29 matches so he's had a few failures aswell.
But this season he's been more consistent & if he keeps that going he'll end up creating quite a nice statistic for himself.

Damn, Auckland 75/6..I think sometimes Auckland is a little overrated. And no...the pitch is a good one for batting on lol.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Shane Bond could become an all-rounder for NZ, he's batted quite well for Canterbury this year & made a couple of 50's.

I think NZ are underrating his ability with the bat, and as for Vettori well he can definately be an all-rounder but he needs to get a few more shots.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I personally think that Shane Bond should bat above Vettori and Tuffey in that team.

Vettori has shown before for New Zealand that he can bat. He has a test 90 to his name. He makes big scores quite alot for Northern Districts but in ODI's, he seems to struggle.

Great to see Papps scoring some MORE runs. 63not out at the moment. And good to see Cairns Getting in there as well.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Good tussle going on between Ian Butler & Jesse Ryder..two U19 players in the last couple of years.

Ryder has launched a six & two 4's off Butler, and Butler seems to be trying to up his pace.

Good to see.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Bam, Jesse Ryder is absolutely annihilating Ian Butler.
Ian Butler's not the type of player who will take this light-heartedly...I saw him exchange verbals with Hussain a couple of times even in his first match.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Good sign for the NZ Team
both Vincent & Cairns played very well today, especially Vincent who hit the ball as clean as a whistle towards the end of Auckland's innings.

Unfortunately McMillan & Harris both failed, Im starting to think their names will be missing from the starting 11 come NZ's first WC match versus Sri Lanka.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Sinclair also failed after he hit two fours, so negatives out-weighing the positives so far.

Ian Butler from all accounts despite getting hit around a little is bowling the quickest he's ever bowled.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I am worried about McMillan. It has been a long time since he has got many runs. If he can't get them at State Level then how is he going to get them for New Zealand in the World cup.

If he doesn't change alot in the next few weeks he will also be missing from that starting XI.

Eclipse

International Debutant
How good a batsman is Bond now ? he reminds me a little of Brett Lee as Batsman they are obviosly very strong and can both hit the ball along way and both like to hit straight.

Obviosly Lee is the better batsman but Bond could become as good because I remember Lee could not bat at all when he first started international cricket.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Obviosly Lee is the better batsman but Bond could become as good because I remember Lee could not bat at all when he first started international cricket.
Eh? How do you figure? He hit 27 in his first Test and hit his first Test 50 in his 6th Test inning and 42* in the next one.

Here's his innings list:

http://statserver.cricket.org/perl/...=0&stumpedlow=&stumpedhigh=&csearch=&submit=1

Hardly the sequence of scores of someone who can't bat. And if you look at the sequence of scores, if anything his average has dipped in the last 12 months.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
How can you say Lee is the better batsman when you haven't seen Bond bat in over a year?

He's done alright, but its kinda stupid comparing which bowler can bat better anyway.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Who is this guy Hayden Shaw from Canterbury? he's not that old & he just demolished Otago with 5/18 or something.