• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ all-rounders

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Being English, we can't criticise anyone else's spinners.
Ok, I'll change it for our English users:

Would you trust Dawson, Batty and Schofield?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Dawson, and Batty possibly not, but Schofield's a leg spinner so it's a scandal he's not played 50 Test's by now!

Bazza

International 12th Man
I thought Giles had made the grade Marc?

Here's a thought on Adams - would anyone put him in a bracket with... ooh.... I dunno.... say Flintoff?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No, Giles plays for a poor county and isn't a leg spinner!

I'd say Adams and Flintoff are fairly equal.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
No, Giles plays for a poor county and isn't a leg spinner!

I'd say Adams and Flintoff are fairly equal.
I would consider Adams a better bowler and Flintoff, possibly, a better bat.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
NZ Would only play one spinner per match but with the injury problems Vettori has had the last few year, you would think that there should be a back up for him.

I would probably choose Sulzberger ahead of walker and Wiseman. Walker is not quick enough through the air and while wiseman is a good batter, his bowling lets him down.

Bazza

International 12th Man
[subtle hint to England selectors] Yeah no point taking a bowler who can't bowl. [/subtle hint]

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Bazzaroodoo said:
[subtle hint to England selectors] Yeah no point taking a bowler who can't bowl. [/subtle hint]
Or an all-rounder who can't bat or bowl at the moment...;)

anzac

International Debutant
Tamara said:
NZ Would only play one spinner per match but with the injury problems Vettori has had the last few year, you would think that there should be a back up for him.

I would probably choose Sulzberger ahead of walker and Wiseman. Walker is not quick enough through the air and while wiseman is a good batter, his bowling lets him down.
I know I've asked this b4 but why has Mathew Hart been dumped by the selectors???? I know he is another lefty but he has a 5 wicket bag in ODI & his average is just under 30????? None of the other contenders come close in ODI!!!!!

:)