• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vics drop Fleming & Miller

Dingo

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I'm pretty sure that both Damien Fleming and Colin Miller's omissions from the new Victorian squad have far more to do with political matters rather than any lack of form or ability. Miller it seems has offended key members of the selection panel, while Fleming may well be told that his services are no longer required.

I wouldn't be surprised if Victoria have already signed at least one fast bowler from another state, possibly looking west...

Anyone else agree/disagree?

Andre

International Regular
Well, to me, the sackings seem to show exactly why the Vics are at the wrong end of the table. Fleming will go to New South Wales or Western Australia and prove the Vics wrong. Miller is old and there is little value in a state picking him up now, but it is unfair Victoria dropped him. They could do with a quality player or 2.

And Matt, I don't think the Vics would by anyone because they are poorly run. But hey, your allowed to dream ;)

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
If your talking about Nicholson then i doubt it cause i heard again today that he wants to return to NSW where he began, as for Fleming i think he will go to WA and Miller i think might return to Tassie or even go to SA..... :D

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
that is blues...

i think both colin miller and flemming are good players

im sure vic gonna see some downside to booting those 2 ppl

Anon2

U19 Cricketer
Nice picture Gregory_Blewett! Recognise the sponsor on his shirt? It says Yorkshire Tea, and they sonsor YORKSHIRE! Up the Tykes!!! :D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Dilmah are the shirt sponsors for Sri Lanka on their current tour.

If you think your ad breaks are bad, then you should see the English ones for The Times - I was fed up with them by 1345 on the First Day...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
What annoys me even more is that they need to go 10 minutes before the race, and have 10 minutes of analysis after the race, then a 5 minute break, and 5 minute's of Cricket before back to the Races!

The number of wickets they missed last Saturday was quite funny.

Anon2

U19 Cricketer
Have you seen that advert on Channel Four, Neil? There's three men having a kickabout at half time in a Sunday league football match. Two of them are doing all these silky tricks, then they pass it to that fat guy who smacks it out the park and shouts "'Ave it!". Then it lands on a van and a garage! It's so hilarious!

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hey, us in South Australia will happily take Damien Fleming, especially since Blocker Wilson went to WA!

I played at Adelaide Uni with Blocker and the first time I met him, I said "Hey, how are ya? Corey's the name!" and he let out a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge burp and said "Hey mate, Paul Wilson." Nice guy and hilariously funny. Not to mention he was a pretty good bowler. :D Looked remarkably like Al Bundy from 'Married With Children'........:D

Apparently we're going after Andy Flower too..............