• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Possible Combo for County??

Rich2001

International Captain
Rik said:
Sobers and Bradman ;)

With Botham in there too :D
Magic... Only you rik could have thought of that!!!

As for my choice

- Gilly (top batsman and a fine Wicket Keeper)

- McGrath / Pollock / Kallis - If the team's batting was ok then McGrath but if it was still a bit weak either Pollock or Kallis, that way my two overseas players would give me experiance and ablity in every postion.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Rich2001 said:
Magic... Only you rik could have thought of that!!!

As for my choice

- Gilly (top batsman and a fine Wicket Keeper)

- McGrath / Pollock / Kallis - If the team's batting was ok then McGrath but if it was still a bit weak either Pollock or Kallis, that way my two overseas players would give me experiance and ablity in every postion.

i dunno, McGraths a bit of an All rounder in county - remember that 50 that he got last time he played county ;)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
i dunno, McGraths a bit of an All rounder in county - remember that 50 that he got last time he played county ;)
Averaged 9...all-rounder my arse.

13 with the ball, but he's a bowler...

Rich2001

International Captain
Actually to add to earlier you couldn't rule out a spinner either, Warne or Murli (54 WKts in 6 matches speaks for it's self last time he played for Lancs)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Rich2001 said:
Actually to add to earlier you couldn't rule out a spinner either, Warne or Murli (54 WKts in 6 matches speaks for it's self last time he played for Lancs)
Yeah he took 100 Wickets in...12 matches over 2 seasons :O:O:O

Rich2001

International Captain
Rik said:
Yeah he took 100 Wickets in...12 matches over 2 seasons :O:O:O
Very surpirsing really when you think English pitches aren't spinners normally, and in recent times England (internation side) have countered him really well and hardly takes wickets against us now.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Rich2001 said:
Very surpirsing really when you think English pitches aren't spinners normally, and in recent times England (internation side) have countered him really well and hardly takes wickets against us now.
Yeah and in Division 1 too!!! So no easy pickings against Durham or Derbyshire...the problem was they were surprised by the ammount of spin and got out before they could get used to it...

Rich2001

International Captain
Rik said:
Yeah and in Division 1 too!!! So no easy pickings against Durham or Derbyshire...the problem was they were surprised by the ammount of spin and got out before they could get used to it...
But like a commentator once said he could spin the ball a mile on a sheet of glass.....

V Reddy

International Debutant
Balaji got five 5-wicket hauls in a row recently. He has been the best bowler this season and we may seem in the Indian team after the WC. Actually Sunny was criticizing the same thing. He said that the amount of oppurtunities that Nehra and other players got and if the same oppurtunities had been given to Balaji and co. they would have also performed well. He also pointed out that when WI were in India, Sodhi attended just one practise session and suddenly he was drafted into the team for the last two onedayers when he was not performing well in the Ranji Trophy.