• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Possible Combo for County??

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
chris.hinton said:
If i want to be Padantic nor is Jim Troughton
Born in London but has only played for Warwickshire. To say he is not a Warwickshire product would be wrong, however Kabir and Kadeer Ali both played for Warwickshire under-age teams and the last time I heard about it they were living at their parent's houses in Mosely, Warwickshire...

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chris.hinton said:
If i want to be Padantic nor is Jim Troughton
I'm going to be pedantic and point out that I never claimed Troughton as a Worcestershire product - he's been at Warwickshire fir his whole career!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
chris.hinton said:
he came from statford, and play for warwick when he was 17
That means he's been a Warwickshire player for 6, going on 7 years. I think that's enough to call him a Warwickshire player through and through.

Chris, your problem with Warwickshire seems to be just a petty local rivalry problem. Whatever you say has no basis when we research is further. Just give it a break will you?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
chris.hinton said:
Troughton did not get Selected by Warwick until he was 17
Neither did Kabir or Kadeer Ali for Worcestershire...I don't know what your getting at here...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neither does Chris though!

Troughton has only ever played for one county, so that's the county that can claim credit for his performances!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
so that's the county that can claim credit for his performances!
Shouldn't Troughton be the one to claim credit for his performances? After all, he is the player.

IMO, this current turn of conversation is pointless and shouldn't be pursued further.

Andre

International Regular
Ok, ok, we have established that each county occasioannly produces a class player.

Now can we get back to the topic please?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chris.hinton said:
Very True but i was being Padantic, like Marc was with the Alis
Erm, the Ali's came up through Warwickshire's ranks then moved to Worcestershire, yet you claim them to be products of Worcestershire? (And Ali to be an England player)

Troughton has only ever played for one first class county. (And wasn't even mentioned until you did)

As for best county combo - It all depends on which countries have International commitments during the season.