• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best County Combo

Best Combo

• Derby: Di Venuto/ Astle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Durham: Love/ Pretorius

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Gloustershire: Rhodes/ Harvey

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Hamps: Warne/ Katich

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Lancs: H Singh/ S Law

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Middls: Razzaq/ Noffke

• Notts: Macgill/ Cairns

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Surrey: Mahmood/ Mushtaq

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sussex: M Ahmed/ Goodwin

• Worcs: Hayward/ Hall

• Total voters

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
so who do you tink has the best combo??

PS not all teams have signed a 2nd international yet so i have not included them

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Martin Love is in superb form and as long as he's not got too many commitments then Durham have a sackfull of runs coming their way. Pretorius is a very good bowler although he couldn't hack it against the Aussies, and very few can. Should get a load of wickets though :)

Durham have done some good buisness, hope they can make it count this season!

Bazza

International 12th Man
I like the look of Hampshire this season. We finally got rid of Neil Johnson (cringe) - Warne got a hatful of wickets last time around (as would any world class bowler) and Katich should be a very solid batsman at least.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Virender Sehwag will perform well for Leics. I think Watson is a good bet in county cricket and am surprised that nobody selected him. He is a pretty good batsman and his bowling will be very useful in county cricket.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
vishnureddy said:
Virender Sehwag will perform well for Leics. I think Watson is a good bet in county cricket and am surprised that nobody selected him. He is a pretty good batsman and his bowling will be very useful in county cricket.
Because he's a certainty for the Aussie ODI team, he's not had a great season so far, and his OD Stats still look poor. County Teams usually go for people who can perform in both styles of the game, especially with that horrid 20 over competition GRRRRRRRR

Also I don't think the Australian Cricket Board want their young players all knackering themselves, there are a lot of matches in a County Season.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Sehwag,Cairns,Harbhajan,Astle,etc,. are also certainities. Watson only plays in one dayers. I think he is a good batsman and a useful bowler but for AUS he is playing as a good bowler and a useful batsman. He will play in the counties at 4 or 3 and his bowling will be useful with the swing.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Watson would do heaps well in county no doubt, he averages 40 with the bat in Pura milk cup so could probably puch 50 in county, esp in 2nd div and his bowling has been good this and last year and he would swing it a fair bit in county comps he would be one of the first players i would sign

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
Watson would do heaps well in county no doubt, he averages 40 with the bat in Pura milk cup so could probably puch 50 in county, esp in 2nd div and his bowling has been good this and last year and he would swing it a fair bit in county comps he would be one of the first players i would sign
38 with the bat actually, and his bowling average is 25. Before this season his career averages were 42ish and 23...

County Cricket is a long hard slog, and not everyone will do well in it, least of all someone who has only played 17 FC Matches...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
He actually played 4 matches against mainly 2nd Team bowlers and made 2 centuries - that is no indication whatsoever of how he'd do in a full county season.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I think that this could be an excellent way for Sehwag to develop more restraint and responsibilty in his batting if he opens.

Afridi was lethal and wonderful to watch in the ODs in 2001.. but we got him nice and early in the C&G Final.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with Derbyshire in the opening two months (cover for Cairns), especially in the 20/20.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
I think that this could be an excellent way for Sehwag to develop more restraint and responsibilty in his batting if he opens.

Afridi was lethal and wonderful to watch in the ODs in 2001.. but we got him nice and early in the C&G Final.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with Derbyshire in the opening two months (cover for Cairns), especially in the 20/20.
Actually Afridi is covering for Astle, Neil, Cairns is playing for Notts ;)

but anyway...Great :D:D:D It means we get some more glorious uninhibited slogging for a few months :D:D:D

Bazza

International 12th Man
Shane Watson's domestic OD bowling record is:

121-1-705-16. That means he averages 44.06, with a SR of 45.38 and econ of 5.83 (97.11 for you Aussies).

That's not even ordinary, it's just plain crap.

I wouldn't be in the queue to sign him for my county. In fact I wouldn't expect there to be a queue at all.