• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best County Combo

Best Combo

• Derby: Di Venuto/ Astle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Durham: Love/ Pretorius

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Gloustershire: Rhodes/ Harvey

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Hamps: Warne/ Katich

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Lancs: H Singh/ S Law

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Middls: Razzaq/ Noffke

• Notts: Macgill/ Cairns

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Surrey: Mahmood/ Mushtaq

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sussex: M Ahmed/ Goodwin

• Worcs: Hayward/ Hall

• Total voters

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
chris.hinton said:
Who are Warwickshire going to sign as the second overseas pro?

Worcester have a GREAT combo, and will win Division two this season
Warwickshire haven't confirmed anyone as their 2nd overseas pro yet.

Worcester...hmmm I can think of better combos than Hayward and Hall *cough*Durham*cough*Hayward is a rather wild SAfrican fast bowler and Hall is more of a batsman than a bowler. If they had managed to keep Bichel then I think they would be closer to winning the title.

Durham have a batsman who is in superb form and a bowler who has taken wickets at quite a low average in SA 1st Class Cricket (23.46) and in SA Domestic OD (23.97). I'd call that better buisness than Hayward and Hall.

Rich2001

International Captain
Rik said:

Durham have a batsman who is in superb form and a bowler who has taken wickets at quite a low average in SA 1st Class Cricket (23.46) and in SA Domestic OD (23.97). I'd call that better buisness than Hayward and Hall.
Yeah but it's a pitty the other 9 players can't play ;) :D

( I don't really mean it, they have a few top players and they work hard for everything, while alot of teams just coast along taking everything for granted)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Rich2001 said:

( I don't really mean it, they have a few top players and they work hard for everything, while alot of teams just coast along taking everything for granted)
Well Durham have Peng who has talent just he doesn't use his brain very often whilst batting. Collingwood has turned into a fine batsman and Andy Pratt is a very fine Keeper. The problem Durham have is runs, their bowling attack is still pretty good. Gary Pratt is one of those England U19 batsmen who as yet has not cut it at 1st Class level, and Muchell needs to show more consistancy like another former England U19 batsman...Peng.

They have a lot of talent there but sometimes it just doesn't pay off although they work around it well, I mean look at how they turned Danny Law from a wild fast bowler and useful batsman into a good OD Pitch Hitter and his bowling has got better and better in 4D...though I think he let himself down a little last season. They find interisting ways of getting the most out of their players although sometimes the players just don't do the buisness (Harmison and Peng are 2 of the worst offenders).

Bazza

International 12th Man
Rich2001 said:

Well 8 of them do, Harmison just sucks.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Bazzaroodoo said:
Well 8 of them do, Harmison just sucks.
Harmison has a lot of ability, and his action is superb, he just needs to sort himself out mentally. And learn to field :!( :!( :!(

I'm 6'3, not much shorter than he is and I'm the best fielder in my team...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chris.hinton said:
Who are Warwickshire going to sign as the second overseas pro?

Worcester have a GREAT combo, and will win Division two this season
Forgotten Yorkshire (and Somerset?) have we Chris?