• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Something Stupid

Anna

International Vice-Captain
I heard this ages ago and thought you'd all like to hear it.

In a match between Aus. and Zimbabwe, Glenn McGrath was bowling to Daniel Vettori. After his follow-through, McGrath said to him "Why are you so fat?". After his next delivery, Vettori replied "Well, every time I sleep with your wife she gives me a biscuit!". Adam Gilchrist, who was listening to all this from behind the stumps, was then seen rolling around on his back in a fit of giggles:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That just proves that the Aussies' sledging does backfire (occasionally!)!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Actually I think it came from a tour match in Zimbabwe where a farmer (might have been Eddo Brandes) was given a load of abuse and barging by McGrath. He then smacked three fours in a row and came up with what is the funniest comment I have ever heard of on a cricket pitch. And he definitely didnt say "Sleep" with your wife.

It might have been vettori though, but he is nearly the thinnest guy in cricket so I doubt it!
(Plus vettori don't play for Zim!)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
Actually I think it came from a tour match in Zimbabwe where a farmer (might have been Eddo Brandes) was given a load of abuse and barging by McGrath. He then smacked three fours in a row and came up with what is the funniest comment I have ever heard of on a cricket pitch. And he definitely didnt say "Sleep" with your wife.

It might have been vettori though, but he is nearly the thinnest guy in cricket so I doubt it!
(Plus vettori don't play for Zim!)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
And the comment? ;)

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Well, someone else told me, so it could have been something else, but it's near enough.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Rik said:
And the comment? ;)
The comment was McGrath abusing this farmer about his weight. The farmer responded by smacking a boundary,then he said

"You know why I am so fat? Because every time I **** your wife, she gives me a biscuit!"

Bazza

International 12th Man
Yes, and the batsman was one Eddo Brandes, fat farmer and England destroyer. :!(

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
The comment was McGrath abusing this farmer about his weight. The farmer responded by smacking a boundary,then he said

"You know why I am so fat? Because every time I **** your wife, she gives me a biscuit!"
So basically Vettori ripped Brandes off?

Langeveldt

Soutie
yeh Brandes was the unfashionable chicken farmer who famously took a hat-trick against England, but he was the one who originally came up with the jibe.

Bazza

International 12th Man
I don't think Vettori was involved at all, I think that was an inaccuracy/mistake.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Does anyone else have any brilliant sledges, comebacks they know???

I let the ball do the talking today, had this guy who wouldnt stop bouncing me so I hit him flush in the visor bowling part time pace in the nets. Didnt need to say a word!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
Does anyone else have any brilliant sledges, comebacks they know???

I let the ball do the talking today, had this guy who wouldnt stop bouncing me so I hit him flush in the visor bowling part time pace in the nets. Didnt need to say a word!
Well I once said to a bowler "can't you bloody bowl a straight one" after he kept bowling short and wide and then I edged an even wider one and he simply replied "I didn't have to" and I replied with "maybe not, but with all that crap you bowled before I doubt you could have"

:lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
How is that a comeback? He got you out!
For 43 off 20 balls :lol: he got me out but we had 270 on the board when I got out in the last over :lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
So why quote a post asking for comebacks?

:duh:
"Does anyone else have any brilliant sledges, comebacks they know???"

Loosely translated it means interisting comments or comebacks...if you take away the bravado of the word "Brilliant"

Andre

International Regular
One I heard one day was that in a grade match Dean Waugh (brother of Steve and Mark) was batting and struggling to get bat on ball.

In good time, the bowler turned around and stated - you must be the adopted Waugh :D.

Harsh but funny.

cbuts

International Debutant
this was in the late 90's i think. nz had just played a test seriers in aussie the yearbefore, and now aussie were in nz. blair pocock was batting and mark waugh was under the helmet. waugh said to pocock after he had played and missed "oh i remeber you, yuore the guy that cant bat for ****." pocock said nothing. then the next ball again pocock played and missed and replied to waugh "you know wat i remeber you to. youre the guy with the fat, ugly misses."

Last edited: