• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Management to File Complaint Against Aleem Dar

Athlai

Not Terrible
Disagree TBH, nothing to do with being sore losers, there were a few decisions to many that were wrong IMO and the standard procedure is to complain about them, hardly calling for anyones head or blaming anyone.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They have a right to go through whatever procedure they feel is necessary.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You sure its not based on the whole tour? Because the umpiring was poor (for both sides) throughout the tests and ODIs.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
India are beginning to whine more than Pakistan about how everyones against them blah blah. Be careful :)

Dar made 1 decision for and 1 against India in that match. To lodge a complaint against a very good umpire just seems pathetic.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
You sure its not based on the whole tour? Because the umpiring was poor (for both sides) throughout the tests and ODIs.
The article doesn't mention any mistakes from the previous games, only the last one. Besides, it doesn't look like it's based on the whole tour, I'm pretty sure if India had won, they wouldn't have made a issue of the decision(s) that went against them.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
There is a reason such channels exist - and India utilize those channels if they feel they need to, that's fair enough.

pup11

International Coach
No matter what the Indian management says people would look at their act with a India vs Pakistan (Dar is a Pakistani) angle, but TBH there were far too many poor decisions made throughout the series but hectic schedules are to be blamed for that IMO.

Perm

No matter what the Indian management says people would look at their act with a India vs Pakistan (Dar is a Pakistani) angle, but TBH there were far too many poor decisions made throughout the series but hectic schedules are to be blamed for that IMO.
I doubt many people, other than those who are extremely cynical or racist would even contemplate putting the India/Pakistan angle on this particular matter. It makes no sense, as Aleem Dar has proven in the past he is a very good umpire and has done a good job of officiating in games involving India. Also, it must be noted that Simon Taufel made a couple of mistakes also, the most notable when he gave Tendulkar out for 91 during the Trent Bridge Test match. I can see how you would blame hectic schedules, but I don't think that they are the reason behind the poor umpiring in this series. Perhaps if we only had 5 ODI matches then there would have been less mistakes, infact it's pretty likely because there would have been two less games.

Perm

Basing the complaints on the whole tour would've been the more logical thing to do, and perhaps this is what India are doing, but the article indicates that they are only complaining about the two poor decision made by Aleem Dar in the 7th ODI, which could be interpreted as sour grapes quite easily.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Has anyone actually heard the Indian team accusing these decisions as to costing them the series? I haven't read anything along the lines of it but I may be wrong, but the spin thats being put on it, makes it sound like India are trying to have Aleem Dar lynched.

The umpiring wasn't all that bad, and I agree with pup, the schedule is more to blame than anything, Tendulkar has been unlucky though.

Perm

The umpiring wasn't all that bad, and I agree with pup, the schedule is more to blame than anything, Tendulkar has been unlucky though.
The umpiring has been very poor TBH, below the standard I would expect the two best umpires in the world to set. It's just unfortunate that both of these umpires had a poor run during the same tour, even more so that the tour was such a cracker! Tendulkar has been very lucky, has anybody kept an account of how many dodgy decisions he has had in both the Test and ODI series?

jammay123

State 12th Man
if i was india i would also complain not just for this match. the worst desicion in paticular was the sachin one in which MBE collingwood bowled one outside the line and was to high which deprived tendulkar of a hundred on the tour.(one of the numerous times this has happened

The_Bunny

State Regular
if i was india i would also complain not just for this match. the worst desicion in paticular was the sachin one in which MBE collingwood bowled one outside the line and was to high which deprived tendulkar of a hundred on the tour.(one of the numerous times this has happened
Yes Sachin has been very unlucky, which is a terrible shame considering this may be his last tour :(
And the Umpiring has not been great shakes this tour, and if the general standard of umpiring is what they are worried about then that is fine.
But if India are suggesting that they lost the game because of the decisions, then they should think back to the first test, when Sreesanth was plumb Lbw from Monty and given not out therefore allowing India to save the game.
So these things even themselves out:)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
India are beginning to whine more than Pakistan about how everyones against them blah blah. Be careful :)

Dar made 1 decision for and 1 against India in that match. To lodge a complaint against a very good umpire just seems pathetic.
I think it's pathetic that some ppl think that complaining against a guy's performance is wrong. There is a reason the channels exist and they are taking the matter up because they feel it was not upto the standards expected. End of story.

yes, India probably would not have made much of it had they won, but then again, they may still have complained but the media may just not note it like they are doing now. Also, you tend to look at the bad decisions that hurt you only when you lose, that's the way with all sportsmen all over the world.

And thirdly, India are not saying they would have won but for these decisions. I am yet to hear that. To call this "sour grapes" is quite ridiculous. India think that the umpiring has been below par and that they have been affected by it. They never said they were affected more than England by the poor umpiring. If England think they were also hard done by, which I think they were, to an extent, then they can also lodge the official complaint just like the Indians have done. To be honest, I think the sort of umpiring we have seen in this series, it deserves a complaint from both sides.

The_Bunny

State Regular
I think it's pathetic that some ppl think that complaining against a guy's performance is wrong. There is a reason the channels exist and they are taking the matter up because they feel it was not upto the standards expected. End of story.

yes, India probably would not have made much of it had they won, but then again, they may still have complained but the media may just not note it like they are doing now. Also, you tend to look at the bad decisions that hurt you only when you lose, that's the way with all sportsmen all over the world.

And thirdly, India are not saying they would have won but for these decisions. I am yet to hear that. To call this "sour grapes" is quite ridiculous. India think that the umpiring has been below par and that they have been affected by it. They never said they were affected more than England by the poor umpiring. If England think they were also hard done by, which I think they were, to an extent, then they can also lodge the official complaint just like the Indians have done. To be honest, I think the sort of umpiring we have seen in this series, it deserves a complaint from both sides.
If that is the reason India complained then I have no problem with it :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
If that is the reason India complained then I have no problem with it :)
I think that is why they complained... I am almost sure that Dravid is not the sort of guy to whine about umpiring and that being the reason he lost the series.... I don't think he is a great captain but I think he is a great sportsman or maybe what the Englishmen call, a "great sport".

The_Bunny

State Regular
I think that is why they complained... I am almost sure that Dravid is not the sort of guy to whine about umpiring and that being the reason he lost the series.... I don't think he is a great captain but I think he is a great sportsman or maybe what the Englishmen call, a "great sport".
I think Dravid would be the last person to complain about somthing like that..
The Indian management dont seem to be the same way inclined..
If it was "sour grapes" then I doubt it was a decision by the team.

But all in all I there is nothing wrong with them complaining about the umpiring, and we can only speculate as to the motive, and speculating gains us nothing :)