• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Management to File Complaint Against Aleem Dar

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
not sure how sour grapes comes into it seeing as they are complaining about the overall poor performance of umpires during the series.
May be they are now after Dravid said so. But when that loud mouth Rajiv Shukla gave his interview, it was obvious that he was talking about the last ODI decisions against Dravid/SRT.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
They don't have to say directly that they lost because of these decisions. Fact is, they're complaining about decisions and not just that but also lodging a complaint which to me clearly implies that they feel India possibly would have won if not for those decisions.
again, why is that so certain? y can't they have complained because they genuinely feel these were the worst decisions they had gotten yet? Maybe they may have felt that the y need to complain about these because it was the final match and it perhaps had a bigger impact than the other bad decisions, but that is not the same as saying "we lost because of this decision".

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
ICC has a review panel which watches all the decisions made by every umpire on the elite panel and judges how many right and wrong decisions they made in a particular season and if an umpire makes too many mistakes he is then dropped from the elite panel.

In a way India shouldn't have lodged an official complaint against the umpire because then in a sense they are trying to convey that the umpires made the wrong decisions deliberately (which i hope and believe they didn't).
The ICC also asks captains to give feedback on the umpiring at the end of each series and also says that if the captains feel the umpiring wasn't upto the mark, they can lodge a complaint, which is what India have done.

Why is that wrong?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
May be they are now after Dravid said so. But when that loud mouth Rajiv Shukla gave his interview, it was obvious that he was talking about the last ODI decisions against Dravid/SRT.
but he isn't the one lodging the complaint, is he? It is the captain. Maybe he just worded it wrong, which is not surprising given how "professional" the BCCI appointed managers tend to be....

pup11

International Coach
The ICC also asks captains to give feedback on the umpiring at the end of each series and also says that if the captains feel the umpiring wasn't upto the mark, they can lodge a complaint, which is what India have done.

Why is that wrong?
Mate, its not the captain who has lodged the complaint its the BCCI who has done it which certainly leaves a bad taste to everyone's mouth.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I have still to see an official confirmation that a complaint HAS been lodged with BCCI. I think we should wait till then.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Mate, its not the captain who has lodged the complaint its the BCCI who has done it which certainly leaves a bad taste to everyone's mouth.
how r u sure that it is the BCCI who have done that? Maybe the complaint goes thru the BCCI to the ICC, but I don't think they are the ones lodging the actual complaint itself.

pup11

International Coach
If i am not wrong a captain can't lodge an official complaint against an umpire he can only rate him after the end of a series.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
If i am not wrong a captain can't lodge an official complaint against an umpire he can only rate him after the end of a series.
but a captain can very well ask his board to lodge the complaint... IN which case, he is the one who is instigating it. Then what is wrong with that?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Seems like some articles and persons coating the issue with their own prejudices. After all, India vs Pakistani Umpire makes for juicier copy than India vs Umpires. India have suffered a lot of horrible decisions the entire tour, and they're entitled to lodge a complaint about the shoddy umpiring. They have done no wrong, either legally or morally.
Yes, indeed.

Yours and SJS' posts probably best sum-up the situation here.

Chubby Rain

School Boy/Girl Captain
But when that loud mouth Rajiv Shukla gave his interview, it was obvious that he was talking about the last ODI decisions against Dravid/SRT.
No, it isn't. The last ODI could have been the tipping point, but it is certainly not correct to say that game was the sole basis for the complaint from that statement.

Chubby Rain

School Boy/Girl Captain
In a way India shouldn't have lodged an official complaint against the umpire because then in a sense they are trying to convey that the umpires made the wrong decisions deliberately (which i hope and believe they didn't).
If a coach makes a report to the board after a series, mentioning that certain batsmen repeatedly got out cheaply, does it imply that they did so delibrately? No, it doesn't. Similarly teams have the right to protest against umpiring decisions without people coming out accusing them of implying that the umpires delibrately got the decisions wrong.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
An FIAB is a CW Award (currently dormant) for "most random and completely out-of-place post". Nothing whatsoever to do with what's come so far in this thread. :p

It's because whenever I see your posting-ID I think, inescapably, of the Lindsay Buckingham song "Caroline". It's from Tango In The Night, though, so nothing to do with Rumours.

And if you liked Fleetwood Mac I'd feel that tiny bit less :wacko: for doing so.

Chubby Rain

School Boy/Girl Captain
An FIAB is a CW Award (currently dormant) for "most random and completely out-of-place post". Nothing whatsoever to do with what's come so far in this thread. :p

It's because whenever I see your posting-ID I think, inescapably, of the Lindsay Buckingham song "Caroline". It's from Tango In The Night, though, so nothing to do with Rumours.

And if you liked Fleetwood Mac I'd feel that tiny bit less :wacko: for doing so.
lol, more of an ABBA type myself, although I would feel pretty embarrassed if caught listening to something like Dancing Queen :ph34r: .. The posting ID is a reference to the film within the film Bowfinger, though.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member

Why is that wrong?
Whether or not Rajiv Shukla is lodging the complaint is not the issue here. If the captain feels that umpiring wasn't up to the mark then he has all the right to put it in his report/Feedback. What is the point of going to the media and making statements like :-

"We will follow whatever is the procedure and lodge a complaint....We'll lodge a complaint with the ICC about the decisions,"

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
If a coach makes a report to the board after a series, mentioning that certain batsmen repeatedly got out cheaply, does it imply that they did so delibrately? No, it doesn't. Similarly teams have the right to protest against umpiring decisions without people coming out accusing them of implying that the umpires delibrately got the decisions wrong.
Nobody is taking out the team's right to protest, they must do it, if they feel they were done in by ther umpring decisions( which isn't the case here anyway). Why do it publicly ?

Secondly this whole umpiring issue is pretty hypocritical, because they(teams, coaches, captains) complain only when it goes against them, they are happy when it goes in favor of them.

Chubby Rain

School Boy/Girl Captain
Nobody is taking out the team's right to protest, they must do it, if they feel they were done in by ther umpring decisions( which isn't the case here anyway). Why do it publicly ?
I'm pretty sure Dravid or Shukla did not call a news conference just to announce that they're lodging a complaint against the umpiring. The question of whether they were going to do something about the umpiring must have been thrown at Dravid or Shukla by the journalists, and the concerned person answered honestly.

Secondly this whole umpiring issue is pretty hypocritical, because they(teams, coaches, captains) complain only when it goes against them, they are happy when it goes in favor of them.
The issue isn't hypocrisy, the issue is ensuring such glaring errors aren't made in future. If you're involved in a car accident, it is upto you to follow up with your insurance provider. Bystanders on the street aren't going to do it for you. And if you're not affected by a car crash, you won't contact the insurance company. Simple as that. This isn't a moral discourse, this is practicality.