• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best fieldin team

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sri Lanka and New Zealand are both better fielding sides than Pakistan and India. So are Bangladesh, West Indies are about even with them.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Sums it up.

Australia
South Africa
Sri Lanka = New Zealand
England
Bangladesh = West Indies (Ireland too)
Pakistan
India

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Thought there must be some really special reason for Sriram to post on CC.

No, the one that plays on Saturdays. :dry: Though the Midweek XI (which I play for - I'm nowhere near good enough to get into a Second team) plays on Wednesdays.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
i think

1 south africa
2 austrlia
3 india
4 sl
5 pak
6 new zeland
What the hell is this? How can you say India and Pakistan fielders are ahead of NZ? So dire to see the first post of this thread being sooo wrong

pup11

International Coach
I think its a close call between Australia and South Africa, but i would say Australia are a slightly better fielding side because they have got guys who can hit the stumps directly with amazing consistency.
I think likes of Clarke, Ponting and Symonds probably hit the stumps more times than any other fielders in world cricket.

pup11

International Coach
New Zealand IMO is the 3rd best fielding unit in world cricket, but when we talk about which team is the worst fielding unit then its a really close call between India,Pakistan and West Indies.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Out of the top 8 I'd say...

1) Australia
2) RSA
3) NZL
4) Sri Lanka/England
5) India/West Indies/Pakistan

Nishant

International 12th Man
Out of the top 8 I'd say...

1) Australia
2) RSA
3) NZL
4) Sri Lanka/England
5) India/West Indies/Pakistan
Agree...i used to rate RSA above the aussies...its just as of late,RSA are not on top of their game....although all that could change very quickly.

iamdavid

International Debutant
I dont really think it is, a few years ago when South Africa had Jonty and Kallis, Gibbs and Pollock were a few years younger they were really spectacular but I think Australia are slightly better now atleast in the infield.
Symonds, Hussey, Clarke, Ponting, Brad Hogg, Hodge are all excellent fielders. Mitchell Johnson and Lee are super athletic and have bullet arms and Hayden is a vastly under-rated slipper, the quality and quantity of some of his grabs over the last few years puts him in the same league as Mark Taylor imo.
Only weak link really is Tait, who has poor judegment and a suprisingly weak arm for one of his height and build.