• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket below freezing!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Here is a picture I took a few weeks ago, over christmas.
The temperature is about -2C (about -7 with the wind chill) and we are out playing cricket ! There is still standing ice in the shadows. The car park in our village is a great cricketing arena, a theater of dreams maybe.
Last year i broke my arm after bowling in snow.
Anyone play in worse conditions?

Attachments

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Langeveldt said:
Have you tried playing backyard cricket drunk?
now thats tough, i could see the ball, but seemed to miss it everytime and hit my ankle instead.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Re: Re: Cricket below freezing!

broncoman said:
Have you tried playing backyard cricket drunk?
now thats tough, i could see the ball, but seemed to miss it everytime and hit my ankle instead.

Ive played Rugby when drunk, very weird because you go in for a tackle and you end up grabbing a load of fresh air, and as for catching the ball! Its weird the fact that you can see everything, but you end up missing the ball/player etc by miles..

Craig

World Traveller
Is that you batting or bowling? Well If I go to Russia, then I might have the chance of playing cricket in the snow.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Craig said:
Is that you batting or bowling? Well If I go to Russia, then I might have the chance of playing cricket in the snow.
Im holding the camera! If you want to see me batting, check out my msn profile or the faces thread in off topic...:D

raju

School Boy/Girl Captain
Langeveldt said:
Here is a picture I took a few weeks ago, over christmas.
The temperature is about -2C (about -7 with the wind chill) and we are out playing cricket ! There is still standing ice in the shadows. The car park in our village is a great cricketing arena, a theater of dreams maybe.
Last year i broke my arm after bowling in snow.
Is it colder than the Riverside in May?