• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

dhoni

a

• yes

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • no

Votes: 18 75.0%

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nah, Gilchrist hasn't been the best wicketkeeper-batsman going around in Tests for 4 years now IMO.

Even though Sangakkara's only a part-time wicketkeeper (in execution if not in skill) he's been easily the best since 2003\04.

And Dhoni has a compelling case for being the best around in recent times in ODIs.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Nah, Gilchrist hasn't been the best wicketkeeper-batsman going around in Tests for 4 years now IMO.

Even though Sangakkara's only a part-time wicketkeeper (in execution if not in skill) he's been easily the best since 2003\04.

And Dhoni has a compelling case for being the best around in recent times in ODIs.
Gilchrist Sanga and Dhoni all pretty close in the ODI's I feel.
Then the likes of Boucher McCullum all resting a rung below them on the table.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kumar Sangakkara has a pretty good record at ODI cricket as a wicket-keeper batsman TBH, averages 38.01 and the minnows don't boost his average too much. I CBF'd working out what it is against ODI class opposition, but I don't think it will have change a great deal.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Kumar Sangakkara has a pretty good record at ODI cricket as a wicket-keeper batsman TBH, averages 38.01 and the minnows don't boost his average too much. I CBF'd working out what it is against ODI class opposition, but I don't think it will have change a great deal.
Averages more than 40 against Aus and SA which is good enough for me.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Is even more impressive of late TBH - had a dreadful start and only turned ODI-class after WC2003.