• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

dhoni

a

• yes

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • no

Votes: 18 75.0%

• Total voters

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Should be a public poll.
Lats make it public by shamelessly announcing our support to the greatest batsman AND the greatest keeper in the history of the game - Mohinder Singh Pansingh Dhoni formerly of Akmora and now of Ranchi - nay of whole of India - nay a citizen of the world.

I hereby cast my vote - a resounding YESS

Athlai

Not Terrible
Lats make it public by shamelessly announcing our support to the greatest batsman AND the greatest keeper in the history of the game - Mohinder Singh Pansingh Dhoni formerly of Akmora and now of Ranchi - nay of whole of India - nay a citizen of the world.

I hereby cast my vote - a resounding YESS
Poll question is "a" actually, a? yes or a? no.

:laugh:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
So are you for 'a' or against 'a' . I know its a sensitive matter (hence the private poll) but you can share with me, I wont tell anyone. :happy:

pup11

International Coach
No Dhoni is far from being the best keeper batsman in world cricket, on the contrary i rate him as the 4th best wicket-keeper batsman in world cricket behind Gilchrist,Sangakkara and Boucher.

Lostman

State Captain
Was batting 6, and Mahela 7 (or vice versa) at one stage in the 2003 WC.

How times have changed.
SL's master blaster and future aggressive captain Harshan Tillekeratne was occupying the number 3 spot. Never seen a captain manage to turn what lined up to be an easy 3-0 into a 1-0 series win.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Was batting 6, and Mahela 7 (or vice versa) at one stage in the 2003 WC.

How times have changed.
Well, he wasn't doing anything at that point to justify being higher, really.

And with the Atapattus and Aravindas in the side, no wonder. Strange Tillakeratne batting ahead of Sangakkara, nonetheless.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No Dhoni is far from being the best keeper batsman in world cricket, on the contrary i rate him as the 4th best wicket-keeper batsman in world cricket behind Gilchrist,Sangakkara and Boucher.
In ODIs he can quite justifiably be ranked alongside and better than any of the aforementioned.

Nishant

International 12th Man
In ODIs he can quite justifiably be ranked alongside and better than any of the aforementioned.
agree....he is quite good on the one day front....not many would be any better and thats the truth....if Gilchrist can score big, so can Dhoni...and i definitely rate Dhoni above Boucher. As for tests...Dhoni is not even close TBH!