• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Flem hits form - But what will be his future

pasag

RTDAS
Yeah just a misunderstanding really, which will happen from time to time with a clash of various cultures and backgrounds on the internets. I'd never heard of it in that use, personally, before this.

armchairumpire

U19 Cricketer
How does Richard Boock know this? His brother Stephen is on the board of NZC so maybe he knows something. As far as I can see all Fleming has done in the past couple of months is play cricket for Nottinghamshire (rather well lately).

It isn't his fault that he was 'approached' by an unsanctioned cricket organisation offering him a truckload of cash. He hasn't actually said yes yet.

Days of Grace

International Captain
He may well have said 'yes', you never know.

Anyway, IMO it would be a terrible waste if Fleming was to leave NZ cricket.

He deserves respect and IMO there should be no problem with him leading NZ in tests. It would look almighty strange him playing but not being captain t.b.h.

And he looks in great form a.t.m. as well, which would make it even more of a huge waste.

He should play for at least two more years. By then he will be 36, no more older than Lara and Inzi are now, and then he can head over to the ICL if it is still going.

Chubby Rain

School Boy/Girl Captain
'Allo, there ladies and Gents.

Well, on first look at this thread I must admit I had a bit of a larf, two pages all about me!!:laugh:

Look, I used the word '****' to mean 'mate'. I has always been a fan of English accents. One member rightly pointed out that if I used 'you ****' then, quite rightly, I would have been in for it. But I didn't, and the rolleyes was to do with the comment, 'oh, yeah, he should have scored 500'. So Richard, dear, 'ave a lie down lad and a good cup of tea. You'll need it after that party of yours.
Apologies to other members.
Sure, that makes sense 8-)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
'Allo, there ladies and Gents.

Well, on first look at this thread I must admit I had a bit of a larf, two pages all about me!!:laugh:

Look, I used the word '****' to mean 'mate'. I has always been a fan of English accents. One member rightly pointed out that if I used 'you ****' then, quite rightly, I would have been in for it. But I didn't, and the rolleyes was to do with the comment, 'oh, yeah, he should have scored 500'. So Richard, dear, 'ave a lie down lad and a good cup of tea. You'll need it after that party of yours.
Apologies to other members.
Frankly, I agree with Perm, I think you're just using what Swervy's said to try and get out of the fact that you thew around names at someone and were told off for doing so. No way of telling, though, and frankly it's neither here nor there so long as you've learnt not to call people anything along those (possible) lines on CW.n.
Re: 8-)
I don't understand this, I have never really taken this to be a particularly strong thing to use. It can mean a few things, but I really dont think it adds venom to what DofG said.
The Rolleyes is a very strong emotiocon and I've always been of the opinion that you should use it with care. As I've said before - you underestimate the power of the smiley. They're more than just a little yellow picture - otherwise there wouldn't be any point in them existing at all.
Re: My 'attack' on Richard
What attack? Go and read the thread again. I stated my opinion like Richard did. A part of my opinion on this is my surprise that a guy from Northern England didnt see that the (non)offending word meant something completely different to what he alluded to.
He is ignorant of other uses of the word, (if he is, then I hope he has learnt something from this), or he knows fully what was meant, and he is stirring the crock up. There are a many many examples in the past of Richard doing both of these things, so I wont guess which it is.
I'm perfectly aware of other uses of the word (used by a tiny minority of people). I'm also pretty good at telling who means what - in case you missed it, I read this board more than probably anyone else. I saw what was meant, you used your own (tiny minority) context to mistake the use and have as a result defended the indefensible.

EDIT: anyway, Gelman's asked for this to stop, so I guess it must. These replies won't stop topic-based replies, though. There is room for more than one thing to be discussed in a thread, and those who don't want to read this can scroll past it.

Days of Grace

International Captain
As I've said before - you underestimate the power of the smiley.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have the sneaky feeling that NZ will miss Fleming (as both captain and opening batsman) even in the 20/20 world cup. McCullum better start scoring some runs to justify his new position up the order. He was a perfect no.7 before.

Swervy

International Captain
Frankly, I agree with Perm, I think you're just using what Swervy's said to try and get out of the fact that you thew around names at someone and were told off for doing so. No way of telling, though, and frankly it's neither here nor there so long as you've learnt not to call people anything along those (possible) lines on CW.n..
Why should he learn to not do something which wasnt wrong in the first place? Because you and I think 3 others (and only after you kicked up a fuss) werent happy.
Dangerous territory here Richard!!!

The Rolleyes is a very strong emotiocon and I've always been of the opinion that you should use it with care. As I've said before - you underestimate the power of the smiley. They're more than just a little yellow picture - otherwise there wouldn't be any point in them existing at all..
Fully aware its more than a little yellow picture

I'm perfectly aware of other uses of the word (used by a tiny minority of people). I'm also pretty good at telling who means what - in case you missed it, I read this board more than probably anyone else. I saw what was meant, you used your own (tiny minority) context to mistake the use and have as a result defended the indefensible..
Just because you read this more than most doesn't mean you can judge particularly well who means what better than anyone else. I personally don't think you are particularly great at doing so, and this is a perfect example. You saw what you THOUGHT he had meant. And 3 or 4 to 2 doesnt constitute a huge majority in your favour, and even if it did, so what? You misunderstood his meaning. Majority does not mean correct

[/QUOTE]

James

Cricket Web Owner
Come on guys, just stop it. Move on and leave people to it who want to discuss Fleming's career.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fleming is easily our best Test batsman, it would be absolutely stupid to strip him of the captaincy and hand it over to Vettori, as presumably it would mean an end to Fleming's run in the Test team. His Test form has been solid, his captaincy good and there are no obvious replacements waiting in the wings so the rumour really baffles me. I really think it would be Bracewell pushing the self-destruct button for New Zealand cricket, sad to see such a great servant being treated like this.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Why should he learn to not do something which wasnt wrong in the first place? Because you and I think 3 others (and only after you kicked up a fuss) werent happy.
Dangerous territory here Richard!!!

Just because you read this more than most doesn't mean you can judge particularly well who means what better than anyone else. I personally don't think you are particularly great at doing so, and this is a perfect example. You saw what you THOUGHT he had meant. And 3 or 4 to 2 doesnt constitute a huge majority in your favour, and even if it did, so what? You misunderstood his meaning. Majority does not mean correct
This is absolutely ridiculous, you are more wrong here than I can ever remember you being, about so many things, but
Come on guys, just stop it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
TBH, my philosophy has always been "have the last word or don't bother starting anything". I believe I'm right, so I see no reason to back down. The only reason I'm not continuing to argue this is that the boss and Gelman have asked me not to.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Such a great NZ cricketer being treated so poorly by the NZC, hope he goes to the ICL and makes a killing for himself.