• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Flem hits form - But what will be his future

Swervy

International Captain
You may not, but just because X may forgive Y for stabbing him doesn't mean he should be spared jail.

(YES, EXAGGERATION USED, BUT NO MORE THAN THAT!!!!! NO HYPERBOLE!!!!!!!)
seriously Richard, just leave it

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
if he had said 'you ****' then yeah fair enough, but he didn't, and the lack of 'you' in that completely changes the meaning of what he said....and Richard, less of the patronising tone would be appreciated, of course I understand that the term 'you ****' is used as an insult all over the place..so no I dont need to visit other parts of the country thanks all the same!!!!

Think about this for a second...do you honestly think if it was such a bad thing to use that word in the way I can see how it has been used, that it would be used in a soap such as Coronation Street (I think Vera and Jack Duckworth used to say quite a bit)? Even my 80 year old grandad says it, and I have never ever heard him swear!!!

I really do think it is you who has misinterpated what he has said. From what I can gather, Days of Grace has been a pretty solid citizen on this site, and I would take a punt that he might be pretty surprised by the reaction to what he has said, a reaction in fact started by your usual sanctimonious fashion.
You gather wrongly then. I myself have discussed with 1 or 2 others (no, no Mods included) his of times overly aggressive nature.

As I say - you misinterpret how it's been used. I'm not for a second disputing that it can be used in said way - your 2nd paragraph is totally unneccessary. It's very obvious to me that it's not been in said case though.

The lack of you doesn't signify anything, it's no more than grammatical error and slang. You see people write "because, idiot, ..." and similar stuff ATT.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
don't worry, I am pretty damned certain he wasnt calling you a name or anything. Richard has completely blown this out of all proportion, as usual
No, I haven't. You have. In case you missed it, you are the one arguing against the tide here. Four people have interpreted it one way, you are the one mistaken. It takes some nerve for you to try and concoct it yet again into me doing something wrong.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Can't believe I'm making any sense here at all TBH. Must've had 6 or 7 :beer:s at least by now. And between spinning the decks too.

Must be a serious situation.

Swervy

International Captain
No, I haven't. You have. In case you missed it, you are the one arguing against the tide here. Four people have interpreted it one way, you are the one mistaken. It takes some nerve for you to try and concoct it yet again into me doing something wrong.
oh right, so because more people beleive something, they are automatically right?

Look, I can see how people not used to that way of speaking could take it the wrong way...but I would hope that they would see it differently if someone explained the context/meaning of the word.

The only things I am saying you have done are a) misinterprated what was said and b) because of a) blown it way out of proportion....it doesnt take much nerve for me to say those two things.

Days of Grace

International Captain
'Allo, there ladies and Gents.

Well, on first look at this thread I must admit I had a bit of a larf, two pages all about me!!:laugh:

Look, I used the word '****' to mean 'mate'. I has always been a fan of English accents. One member rightly pointed out that if I used 'you ****' then, quite rightly, I would have been in for it. But I didn't, and the rolleyes was to do with the comment, 'oh, yeah, he should have scored 500'. So Richard, dear, 'ave a lie down lad and a good cup of tea. You'll need it after that party of yours.
Apologies to other members.

Now, back to the topic at hand. Mr. Fleming is in prime form at the moment and I just hope that he returns to NZ and takes this form into the test side.

I also would like him to remain in the ODI side, but would that be slightly undermining to Vettori's captaincy? Anyway, I believe you should always pick your best XI, leave out the politics, etc. Flem is obviously still one of the best ODI batsmen we have.

Last edited:

Swervy

International Captain
Nah, don't beleive you really, especially with the rolleyes. Also not too keen on Swervy's attack on Richard, as it was pretty obvious that it wasn't only Richard who found the post offensive.

Well I don't know what more DofG can do. He explained what he meant (the meaning of it was how I saw it), and apologised to people if they did find it offensive. If you don't beleive him, the I really do think thats your problem , not his.

Re: 8-)
I don't understand this, I have never really taken this to be a particularly strong thing to use. It can mean a few things, but I really dont think it adds venom to what DofG said.

Re: My 'attack' on Richard
What attack? Go and read the thread again. I stated my opinion like Richard did. A part of my opinion on this is my surprise that a guy from Northern England didnt see that the (non)offending word meant something completely different to what he alluded to.
He is ignorant of other uses of the word, (if he is, then I hope he has learnt something from this), or he knows fully what was meant, and he is stirring the crock up. There are a many many examples in the past of Richard doing both of these things, so I wont guess which it is.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm not getting into this, as I really CBF, but I fully support Richard because I interpreted it the same way as him, and I'm pretty sure it's you who has gone out of his way to stir some trouble.

Anyway, rumours are that Fleming could be stripped of his Test captaincy shortly.

Swervy

International Captain
I'm not getting into this, as I really CBF, but I fully support Richard because I interpreted it the same way as him, and I'm pretty sure it's you who has gone out of his way to stir some trouble.

Look, I have better things to do than stir up trouble on a place like this, however I will spend time defending someone if they have been wrongly accused of something. You and Richard interpreted it the same way, Unfortunately you both interpreted it wrongly. That isnt DofGs fault. I suspect (and it is only a suspicion) you 'CBF' with it because you might actually see you may well have been wrong.

I think, given DofG had the grace to apologise for any misunderstanding, that it would be the adult thing to do to accept that you may well have misunderstood, and accept the apology